How to avoid getting seasick?

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
hey I like 100% beer! I know the subject better than you my AROGANT ASSHOLE FRIEND!! I live it! I take Anti-vert which is a prescription dose of Meclizine. It works when taken well beforehand and with plenty of water and food. Gotta have food in your stomach and lots of it. I've fished all my life and it took years to find the solution. i love being on the water and believe me I've never 'talked myself into being seasick'. Unfortunately, we that suffer from it can only take so much when out on the open ocean. Oh, and I LIVE ON A BOAT!!! for 6 years!!! but obviously, it's not a problem in the marina.
Yeah you hav
Oh never mind ..you are you are hopeless

Upvote 0

Tin Pangas

Skipper
Aug 28, 2010
Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
Name
Kevin
Boat
37 Tollycraft
Yeah you hav
why because I don't capitulate to you. You are the one who is hopelessly ARROGANT! you are worse that the kids that think they know it all. let me guess...you are like 20 years old right? what a piece of...work. Don't reply to me if you are not going to finish your thought or ask any questions.

Upvote 0

Tin Pangas

Skipper
Aug 28, 2010
Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
Name
Kevin
Boat
37 Tollycraft
Yeah you hav
and you said it all earlier...it's only your opinion. and since you know absolutely nothing on the subject you should really quit while you are ahead...oh wait...you did...after throwing a sorry insult at me that I'm hopeless. you are just sad.

Upvote 0

Tin Pangas

Skipper
Aug 28, 2010
Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
Name
Kevin
Boat
37 Tollycraft
and you said it all earlier...it's only your opinion. and since you know absolutely nothing on the subject you should really quit while you are ahead...oh wait...you did...after throwing a sorry insult at me that I'm hopeless. you are just sad.
by your reasoning anybody should be able to be an astronaut and motion sickness is just all in their head. no reason for the training and selection. you know i often wondered if the people who don't get motion sickness are just too simple minded to be bothered by the UN-equilibrium. you may just prove that there may just be some validity to that.

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
by your reasoning anybody should be able to be an astronaut and motion sickness is just all in their head. no reason for the training and selection. you know i often wondered if the people who don't get motion sickness are just too simple minded to be bothered by the UN-equilibrium. you may just prove that there may just be some validity to that.
That’s all I know , I used to fish the East coast when I was young, and never came close to being sick, my dad gave me Dramamine when I first started going
Out ,and it was rougher then shit
Most of the time,
but after a few trips , I didn’t like
The feeling of that crap, and I started
Going with out it for years, then I got a bad ear infection, and everything changed, I went out and got sick a dog,
Then I started taking scopace , and
I have had no issues since.

Reactions: Intrepid Fan
Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
Nope just our brains are trainable to ignore the motion...yours is stuck in first gear

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
With your capabilities I'm sure this seems to be impossible...

Upvote 0

jdc946

Nov 4, 2011
Dix Hills/ New York/ USA
Name
Joe
Boat
Fishin Buddies
I never use to get sea sick until I got older. Recently I Went for physical therapy for vertigo, and it seems to have helped my sea sickness as well. Just saying anything is worth a try. I have to add that I was highly skeptical, especially after some of the stupid exercises they had me doing, but i haven't been sick since last year. So for me it's working. I'm not saying it would work for everyone.

Upvote 0

Pheens

Sep 19, 2021
Florida
Name
Rob
Boat
Cabin Cruiser
Motion sickness.
Try getting a lot of rest before getting on the boat and some anti nausea patch might also help.

Upvote 0

Benorlo

• May 13, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    Nothing
    Never had issues with motion illness and getting seasick but there are a ton of brands out there that sell pills for motion sickness. Dont fall for that all natural ginger stuff... make sure it has an ingredient called Dimenhydrinate. Its found in most store shelves under the name of Dramamine.

However, if you dont wanna drug yourself up LOL , just look out on the horizon and what personally works is just anticipating the motion of the swells... but at the same time dont focus on it too much. Long story short...look up "sea legs".

Upvote 0

Tin Pangas

Skipper
    Aug 28, 2010
    Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    37 Tollycraft
    I never use to get sea sick until I got older. Recently I Went for physical therapy for vertigo, and it seems to have helped my sea sickness as well. Just saying anything is worth a try. I have to add that I was highly skeptical, especially after some of the stupid exercises they had me doing, but i haven't been sick since last year. So for me it's working. I'm not saying it would work for everyone.
    sea sickness/motion sickness IS vertigo and I take Antivert (anti-vertigo) which is a prescription strength Dramamine which is all Meclizine. I would like to know more about those 'stupid' exercises as I am 'open-minded' as to learning more about any treatments.

Upvote 0