tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
As the pennies are being saved for a new bigger ride in the next year or so, I need to add the appropriate storage. I have always dry stored my boat in my garage. The problem is my biggest garage door right now is 10'. So an addition is necassary before the boat.

My question is easy. How tall is the tallest point on your boat while its on the trailer. This is directed at those with 24-26 offshore aluminum boats, or 21-22 foot 1/2 or 3/4 hardtop style boats. My current boat options are Duckworth, Northriver, Weldcraft, Thunder Jet and Nw Jet, and a couple more.

Thanks in advance.:food-smiley-014:..Just boat type and Height would be great.

outtadablu

Gettin' Ready to go KILL some fishes
Jan 14, 2009
Whidbey Island
Name
Dave
Boat
26' Osprey "Outtadablu"
Greg - Mine's a 26' Osprey and I have a tall radar arch mounted on top, with all that said, when on the trailer the tallest point on my boat is 13'2" off the ground.

The Peddler

You should have been here yesterday!
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
For a North River Off Shore Pilot House style, you're going to need a 14-ft door. This will be required for radar clearance, rocket launchers and all-around/anchor light. We looked at building a "boat port" for Green Wasabi's 24-ft O/S, and this is what we figured.

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
Aug 10, 2008
Kitsap WA
Name
Matt
Boat
Boulton
As the pennies are being saved for a new bigger ride in the next year or so, I need to add the appropriate storage. I have always dry stored my boat in my garage. The problem is my biggest garage door right now is 10'. So an addition is necassary before the boat.

My question is easy. How tall is the tallest point on your boat while its on the trailer. This is directed at those with 24-26 offshore aluminum boats, or 21-22 foot 1/2 or 3/4 hardtop style boats. My current boat options are Duckworth, Northriver, Weldcraft, Thunder Jet and Nw Jet, and a couple more.

Thanks in advance.:food-smiley-014:..Just boat type and Height would be great.
Just curious... Im assuming since ya live in Seabeck that you would keep the Hewes for the beach launching options?

I have no interest in buying it, just curious.

Matt S.

FLASHER

Don't Fight the "Flasher"
Aug 21, 2008
Marysville
www.Qcove.com
Name
Ken
Boat
Raider 24'
24 Raider Pilothouse. I agree with peddler... assume a 14' door for all types of pilothouse boats. My distance off ground is around 13' with my radar on top.

Flasher

Willapa

Mar 7, 2008
Everett, WA
Name
Stu
Boat
24' North River Seahawk O/S
I have a 24' North River Offshore that I've measure to be 13 ft. at the highest point (anchor light) while on the trailer.

trackerputnam

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 9, 2007
Washington
Name
Dave
Boat
26' Striper "Just Keep Fishing"
26' Striper with radar. 13' tall.

May 17, 2009
Maple Valley, Wa
Name
Warren
Boat
24' North River O/S
For a North River Off Shore Pilot House style, you're going to need a 14-ft door. This will be required for radar clearance, rocket launchers and all-around/anchor light. We looked at building a "boat port" for Green Wasabi's 24-ft O/S, and this is what we figured.
Yep, confirmation.

pura vida

Pura Vida II
Jan 29, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Gene Miller
Boat
Pura Vida II, 500 mile range
Greg, The top of my radar dome is 13 feet 5 inches. Mkae it bigger than you need as it may be used for RV's one day. Mine boat garage has a 14 foot high X 14 foot wide opening.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
My last three boats were not aluminum as you requested, but they were 23-25' and they all needed a 14' high door....

14' is a safe size as that is the ODOT standard for most "normal" over passes. Anything else is considered a low pass....

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
Thanks guys. 14 ft seems to be about right. Its kinda hard to add once you build..so build it bigger.

Matt. I would love to keep the Hewes for local use, but if I want the new ride sooner than later it would probably have to go. That is the reason Im still eyeing a 21-22ft partial hard top style. I could still launch with ease on the Canal and drag it to Eastern Wa for summer camping trips on Roosevelt. The 24-26ft idea is still in the back of my head though because I spend about 30-40 days a year fishing from Sekiu to Lapush, and a nice off shore boat would be a dream to have for those days......

Hell I just need two fuckin boats...:frehya2:

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
Aug 10, 2008
Kitsap WA
Name
Matt
Boat
Boulton
Thanks guys. 14 ft seems to be about right. Its kinda hard to add once you build..so build it bigger.

Matt. I would love to keep the Hewes for local use, but if I want the new ride sooner than later it would probably have to go. That is the reason Im still eyeing a 21-22ft partial hard top style. I could still launch with ease on the Canal and drag it to Eastern Wa for summer camping trips on Roosevelt. The 24-26ft idea is still in the back of my head though because I spend about 30-40 days a year fishing from Sekiu to Lapush, and a nice off shore boat would be a dream to have for those days......

Hell I just need two fuckin boats...:frehya2:
Im thinking that you and I like to fish some of the same areas. I figure for up here the best overall boat for MY (family included) needs would be a 20' with a rigid soft top.

Why? well I could still comfortably launch ANYWHERE, beach, etc. Could have a 60 gallon gas tank on a 20' so plenty of fuel. 150 Yamaha on the back side and it would be good to go. Cheaper to trailer than a bigger boat and easier. Easier to garage...

Im kinda in the same boat as you. Keep thinking about that Pilot House... with TWINS... then I think about the gas, trailering, storage...

I keep going back to a 20' rigid soft top, off shore bracket, 50-60 gal of fuel, thick bottom... Just gotta pick a builder, I like my Boulton and at this point I would probably build another Boulton.

I feel your pain, good luck in your quest.

Jailer1

Sea Raider
Apr 14, 2010
orting WA.
Name
kevin
Boat
24ft North River o/s Seahawk The Pelagic Expresss
Last year when I bought a new garage for my boat, that came with a house I had the same problem. My North River o/s. measured out at around 13ft. with the light. So I had to get an rv garage with a 14ft. door. fits perfectly. Most full size rv doors that I looked at had 14ft tall doors. Good luck!

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
What year Searunner you got? I just missed out on a deal on one.

Its a 2002. Its a great boat, still looks new and has all kinds of Mod's...When the time comes to sell it will show up here first....I dont need some craigslist freak pounding on my door.

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
Im thinking that you and I like to fish some of the same areas. I figure for up here the best overall boat for MY (family included) needs would be a 20' with a rigid soft top.

Why? well I could still comfortably launch ANYWHERE, beach, etc. Could have a 60 gallon gas tank on a 20' so plenty of fuel. 150 Yamaha on the back side and it would be good to go. Cheaper to trailer than a bigger boat and easier. Easier to garage...

Im kinda in the same boat as you. Keep thinking about that Pilot House... with TWINS... then I think about the gas, trailering, storage...

I keep going back to a 20' rigid soft top, off shore bracket, 50-60 gal of fuel, thick bottom... Just gotta pick a builder, I like my Boulton and at this point I would probably build another Boulton.

I feel your pain, good luck in your quest.
I hear ya...The other thing is the funny looks I get from people when I show up at the C closure for hali.....and the nasty comments in radio land from frieght captains when Im out at swiftsure....just sayin...

But do agree the 20-22ft range is the best all around option...and is probably what Ill end up with, for now.

lugger

Nov 14, 2008
marysville
Name
steve
Boat
Black Pearl
mine with hard top with radar and gps antennas ect above radar is 13.6 ft

When I bulid a grarage or storage it will have 14ft tall doors and 12 ft wide as 14 is the limit you will find on road so the tallest moterhome or what ever goes down the road will fit . and the extra wide door is nice

Friend bulit a shop with 4 of those doors and its sweeeeeet and he rents 2 spaces to friends with coaches .