totkid760

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 9, 2008
Oceanside
Name
Chad
Boat
ANY ONE I'M WELCOME ON!
I'm on a 7 day on the AA Sept 25-Oct 2 and I was wondering how much cash I should bring on the trip with me. I like to drink beer and get in all the jackpots, and most importantly I love to tip these guys . So my question is how much should I bring with me. Also what and how many jackpots do they usually do on these trips. It's the ken custom reel trip and I have yet to ask him.
Thanks

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
I'm on a 7 day on the AA Sept 25-Oct 2 and I was wondering how much cash I should bring on the trip with me. I like to drink beer and get in all the jackpots, and most importantly I love to tip these guys . So my question is how much should I bring with me. Also what and how many jackpots do they usually do on these trips. It's the ken custom reel trip and I have yet to ask him.
Thanks
15-20% of the cost of the trip for the tip. Don't forget fuel surcharge, permit fees, Guadalupe fee if that's an option. I have no clue on beer, each boat varies and I haven't had a beer in 25 years.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
I dont know about the AA, but the boats that I have ridden will take a check for tip & galley & tackle tabs. call the office re a check for the other expenses?

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
I fish the AA and I always bring two checks....one for the off the dock fees
(Permits, fuel and the latest fashion wear) and one for my tip, galley and anything else. The guys on the AA are cribbage bandits so make sure you bring a few dollars to lose if you decide to play........ jackpot is cash in the office...call Lori and she will give you all of the particulars.

Have fun

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
(Permits, fuel and the latest fashion wear) and one for my tip, galley and anything else. The guys on the AA are cribbage bandits so make sure you bring a few dollars to lose if you decide to play........ jackpot is cash in the office...call Lori and she will give you all of the particulars.

Have fun

I just go with Titian05..he pays my bills and is my banker:rofl:

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Cash is needed for the jackpot, the rest is a check...

Tar Pit

Mar 7, 2006
Reno NV
Name
Friend of Bucko Shaw
Boat
None.

Have fun

I also do the two check system.

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
Take a grand in cash, mixed bills and a couple of blank checks, you're covered
X2

never know. worst case you bring it home with you.

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Randy
Boat
None
15-20% of the cost of the trip for the tip. Don't forget fuel surcharge, permit fees, Guadalupe fee if that's an option. I have no clue on beer, each boat varies and I haven't had a beer in 25 years.
You must be extremely thirsty!:hali_olutta:

totkid760

Aug 9, 2008
Oceanside
Name
Chad
Boat
ANY ONE I'M WELCOME ON!
I'm getting dropped off and picked up. Don't use checks anymore and don't have any so looks like I'll have to grand in cash thing.

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
I'm getting dropped off and picked up. Don't use checks anymore and don't have any so looks like I'll have to grand in cash thing.

Smart man,them checks just leave to much trail!

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
Smart man,them checks just leave to much trail!

hahaha. and i would feel like a shmuck when the guys have to rip the check in 5 pieces to evenly distribute the tip...

green is king!!!

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
The crew expects 20% of the trip cost. Plus you will need extra for line, weights, jigs bought from the boat. If a deckhand does extra for you in getting your fish in, a $20 on the spot works great.......plus anything you drink from the galley (soda/beer) is extra. Rip Lips and happy hooking..........

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Dont bring any funds. Plan on cleaning the other guys out in the poker games and winning the JP. If nothing else, it'll add a whole new dimension to your trip....

Just kiddin.... Hope you have a great time and slay some.

chasingtuna

Tuna time!
Aug 26, 2009
Redondo
Name
Steve
Boat
Wishing for one, Not!
And if I place in the jackpot I give the crew 50%.

The crew works hard for their money/tips.

2MAYEtoes

Mackerel Maker
Apr 24, 2011
San Diego
Name
Cristin Kelly
Boat
Privateer

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
simple formula:
amount of days times two hundred dollars = enough dough
You will have plenty for what you need and not be broke............. unless you are a degenerate gambler with terrible luck... or I keep making marks on your beer tab.