How many of you out there hunt with a recurve?

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by BadKarma, May 25, 2012.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    It's big, red, and lots of lights
    Im debating getting a recurve bow to compliment my compound. I grew shooting a recurve and am more familiar with a recurve. Though its been years since i shot my old recurve, it was primarily used for target and rabbits. Im debating getting a one piece wood or one of the newer take down models with an aluminum riser. Out of all of you that bow hunt, how many use a recurve? Do you have any advice for choosing a recurve besides the traditional "each person is different and so is each bow." Thanks BK

2. okie man

okie man Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    kerry way
    Boat:
    18' javalin
    try a long bow. shot recurves quit a bit and after i got my first custom longbow i sold all my recurves. get something around 50-55# and you'll be hooked.

3. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    It's big, red, and lots of lights
    I really do prefer recurves. I've shot long bows but recurves just fit right. Is the Hoyt buffalo really worth $700+?????

4. okie man

okie man Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    kerry way
    Boat:
    18' javalin
    if a guy is going to spend 700 bucks on a stick bow get a custom bow made. you can get it with the grip you like, choice of exotic woods and a draw weight and bow length that is proper for draw length. i paid about $450 for each of my custom longbows and the are like a extention of my body.

5. Rodsnapper

Rodsnapper Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    worked Tracer, Relentless, and the Fortune eons ago.
    Check out Tradgang.com traditional bowhunting forum. Lots of good poop there. Also, 3Rivers is a good source specializing in traditional archery. Good luck