how many bloodydeckers...

May 16, 2006
sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
Name
mike
Boat
25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
went out at 0500 this morning, started at the ledge trolling, hana pa'a!!! got one in the boat in the first 30 minutes of fishing. once we got the skunk off the boat continued offshore and found a large bird pile working off the 500 fathom ledge, trolled by first and took an immediate 4 banger. tiagras are screaming, line is peeling out , slow the boat to a slow forward idle and start grinding in one rod at a time while keeping an eye on the bird pile. get them in and put'em on ice in the kill bag. immediately run and gun back to the bird pile maneuvering the boat roughly 100yds ahead of the bird's direction of travel, start chunking dead anchovies over the side and the school just surrounds the boat, boiling on anything in their vacinity. got them all frenzied up and my 2 man crew is just slaying them while i'm chumming the hell out of them, they get one on the boat, i immediately start braining them and bleeding them out while chumming to keep the bite on and getting the ice brine ready. after about an hour of this full paced fast action were full up and tired out. get the deck washed and everything iced down and make the run back to the harbor. we did'nt even bother putting the trolling spread back out as all of our killbags were full and we were kinda low on ice. enjoy the picture of the carnage!!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:

Attachments

Antares

The popcorn police
Jul 3, 2009
San Diego/Maui
Name
Drew
Boat
29'
went out at 0500 this morning, started at the ledge trolling, hana pa'a!!! got one in the boat in the first 30 minutes of fishing. once we got the skunk off the boat continued offshore and found a large bird pile working off the 500 fathom ledge, trolled by first and took an immediate 4 banger. tiagras are screaming, line is peeling out , slow the boat to a slow forward idle and start grinding in one rod at a time while keeping an eye on the bird pile. get them in and put'em on ice in the kill bag. immediately run and gun back to the bird pile maneuvering the boat roughly 100yds ahead of the bird's direction of travel, start chunking dead anchovies over the side and the school just surrounds the boat, boiling on anything in their vacinity. got them all frenzied up and my 2 man crew is just slaying them while i'm chumming the hell out of them, they get one on the boat, i immediately start braining them and bleeding them out while chumming to keep the bite on and getting the ice brine ready. after about an hour of this full paced fast action were full up and tired out. get the deck washed and everything iced down and make the run back to the harbor. we did'nt even bother putting the trolling spread back out as all of our killbags were full and we were kinda low on ice. enjoy the picture of the carnage!!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:

Great catch but you did not ice them properly. Your a bad man!

Do you guys know what the Mexico limits are? I dont feel like looking it up my self so could you guys just tell me.

I was thinking about joining bulbdope is it worth it.

Albacrazy

NUCKIN FUTS 4 2NA
Sep 24, 2006
Vegas
Name
Drew
Boat
18' Coleman
How many lightbulbs should I bring on my 5 day? My bulbs I'm bringing look like this...

1- 20w
1- 40w
1- 60w
1- 120w
1- 120w (candlelight shaped)
1- hallogen

Will this be enough? Should I bring some l.e.d bulbs too?

Chance

Kinder and Gentler
Aug 27, 2005
The Beach
Name
Dick
Boat
Knot Again
You also forgot the Brilliant ( get it, like a light bulb) posters that just say:

"NICE"

I understand that GE is coming out with a 100lb filament the size of 20 lb braid, will I have to change my guides? What knot would you use to join to fiber-optics?​

Cheney

SkateAndDestroy
Jun 10, 2010
Alhambra, Ca
Name
Cheney
Boat
none

I caught this bulb today, but I don't know what it is? Can anyone help?! BTW I killed it anyways, I hope there is no limit on these. If there is, somebody tell me so I can remove the picture.

Antares

The popcorn police
Jul 3, 2009
San Diego/Maui
Name
Drew
Boat
29'

I caught this bulb today, but I don't know what it is? Can anyone help?! BTW I killed it anyways, I hope there is no limit on these. If there is, somebody tell me so I can remove the picture.

:finger::finger::finger: THAT IS A BSB. Black Sea Bulb. Your brain is :shithappens:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

fishinkid2010

Jun 24, 2009
San Diego, CA / Waco, TX
Name
Tyler
Boat
Skeeter 21i w Yamaha SHO 250
There really needs to be a stricter limit!; possibly even a slot limit on light bulbs. Anything 60W or less should be released! Feed your family with rock fish, not GE's!!

Chance

Kinder and Gentler
Aug 27, 2005
The Beach
Name
Dick
Boat
Knot Again

Gari

Dude, I would remove it, you killed a male and female Garibulb. They are the official CA bulbs and are protected.
The Ca Department of Bulbs and Electronic Games (DBEB) puts out a brochure to help you identify all the bulbs along our coast

PullinAhi

Fisherman
Feb 8, 2008
Mission Viejo
Name
Ryan
Boat
18 foot CC

ARRRGGG!!! First rule of lightbulb fishing is that you don't talk about lightbulb fishing! It's going to be a parking lot of boats tomorrow!

SEAKITTENKILLER

Go Fish
Aug 12, 2009
Pacific Beach
Name
Dave
Boat
Malibu Extreme
Hey can anyone out there take out me and my buddy? You'll have to meet our parents first but they said they would sign a permission slip as long as you promise to have us back by 4 p.m. We can both chip in up to $30 in gas money but I want to go wayyyyyy off shore to get some big bulbs.

oh yeah and yager I call B.S. there are

SEAKITTENKILLER

Go Fish
Aug 12, 2009
Pacific Beach
Name
Dave
Boat
Malibu Extreme
Hey can anyone out there take out me and my buddy? You'll have to meet our parents first but they said they would sign a permission slip as long as you promise to have us back by 4 p.m. We can both chip in up to $30 in gas money but I want to go wayyyyyy off shore to get some big bulbs.

oh yeah and yager I call B.S. there are definately

SEAKITTENKILLER

Go Fish
Aug 12, 2009
Pacific Beach
Name
Dave
Boat
Malibu Extreme

oh yeah and yager I call B.S. there are definately no

SEAKITTENKILLER

Go Fish
Aug 12, 2009
Pacific Beach
Name
Dave
Boat
Malibu Extreme

oh yeah and yager I call B.S. there are definately no bulbs where you

SEAKITTENKILLER

Go Fish
Aug 12, 2009
Pacific Beach
Name
Dave
Boat
Malibu Extreme

oh yeah and yager I call B.S. there are definately no bulbs where you were

cj5orion

Build it...Remodel it...Go Fishin/Huntin/Baja
Jun 21, 2007
pacific beach/Gonzaga Bay
Name
Bert
Boat
gone baja
what bulb would ya use ....
in the tree stand ?
ground blind ?