Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
remove plant residue from stucco? I have a stucco wall that was covered by a climbing vine. I pulled everything off that I could, but it left little dots where the vine attached itself. I tried a scrub brush and a power washer, but it doesn't do anything. Any thoughts before I just give up and paint over it???

Upvote 0

speikert

Mar 1, 2013
Kenai, Alaska
Name
Sold It
Boat
Gone
A buddy of mine that does this type of work uses.
1 gallon of water
1 quart of household bleach
1 cup of Trisodium Phosphate ( TSP )
Apply the solution to the entire area and lightly agitate with a soft bristle brush. Then rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

Nov 27, 2003
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Wire brush & gasoline?

And then a match??? :D

A buddy of mine that does this type of work uses.
1 gallon of water
1 quart of household bleach
1 cup of Trisodium Phosphate ( TSP )
Apply the solution to the entire area and lightly agitate with a soft bristle brush. Then rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Good luck.

I'm trying Oxi Clean concentrate right now, It seems to destroy anything organic, like my expensive tennis shoes that had leather stripes on it... :D If that doesn't do it I'll try the bleach and TSP. Thanks

Reactions: chad gee
Upvote 0

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
Brake clean, that shits knarly !
image.jpg

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
remove plant residue from stucco? I have a stucco wall that was covered by a climbing vine. I pulled everything off that I could, but it left little dots where the vine attached itself. I tried a scrub brush and a power washer, but it doesn't do anything. Any thoughts before I just give up and paint over it???

I don't paint houses I re stucco, color coat and we sandblast. you can get a sandblast attachment for a power washer that siphons sand out of the bag with the force of the water at the tip... works really good, not that messy compared to dry blasting... my pressure washer is 5000 psi and you need one with some balls.

it is common to have what you have happen, the stucco is just sand and cement and the plant gets a good grip on it. if there is nothing growing and it is just a hole you probably did about all you can do. I would stay away from the gas, probably stain it and leave more residue behind than you want. The other suggestion with the bleach and tsp is good for cleaning, I am not sure how it will work for killing the plant, it does kill mold and the fungus that makes your fence look gray... I don't think it will leave you anything different than what you have now, but it wouldn't hurt to try it and you probably have some already. Is the wall stucco or stucco that has been painted?

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

Nov 27, 2003
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
It's straight stucco and I'm not trying to kill the plant (I already did that), I'm trying to soften what's left enough that it will come off with a power washer without tearing the stucco up too much...

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Wear some eye protection... I know how bad it fucks up your shoes. That stuff isn't fun to get into your eyes and if your using a wire brush and the stuff hasn't been painted that stuff coming off of it is silica sand and it is a bitch in the eyes... it is clear like glass and the doc will have to use a dye in your eye just to see it... I have had them use three different colors before they could find it..

Reactions: chad gee
Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Hire Carl. Let me know when this is going to execute because I want to come over, drink some beer and supervise. :D

P.S. Up a bit early today, aren't we?

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Hire Carl. Let me know when this is going to execute because I want to come over, drink some beer and supervise. :D

can I buy a ticket? LOL

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Ha Ha

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
It's straight stucco and I'm not trying to kill the plant (I already did that), I'm trying to soften what's left enough that it will come off with a power washer without tearing the stucco up too much...

X2 on sandblast.....if you're serious about this. You will NEVER get those little attachment points out of the stucco and they "absorb" paint differently than stucco does. It will ALWAYS look like crap so make sure the kegerator is at ground level so as to automatically draw eyesight and attention away from where you should have sandblasted.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

Nov 27, 2003
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Carl said they they will dry up and fall off... he didn't say how long that will take though... :D

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Spackle

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Carl said they they will dry up and fall off... he didn't say how long that will take though... :D

Not long if you have the proper dryer....

Reactions: Aggro
    Upvote 0