How did you come up with your boat name?

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
263178_10150701461555533_563790532_19800069_1528610_n.jpg

I have two partners on the boat, and the name carried over from their older boat (34 Atlantic). The partners grandfather, when fishing with them when they were kids, would always say, "right in the basshole", after each cast. Their grandfather wanted to name his boat, "Basshole", but grandma would not allow it. So in his honor, they named their boat. "Basshole". The name grew on me, and I would not change it, even if my partners agreed to a change.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

Danthefishman

Oct 30, 2006
La Mesa/San Carlos
Name
Dan
Boat
19ft aluminum
I recently sold my skiff "Payin Dues." No matter how great of worker, fisherman, boat you own,... I feel like you have to pay your dues before anything is handed to you in life. I plan on naming my next boat the "Payin Dues II" and so on. Until I retire and buy my dream ride, then I am going to name it "Dues Paid"

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman
Well shit, here it goes. My oldest niece had a baby girl and she only lived 18 days due to S.I.D.S (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
At the service my niece said with tears "I'm afraid that since she was only with us for 18 days that no one will remember her"
I then vowed that it would never happen.. So my unnamed boat became "Lillian May"
R.I.P.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Southwestern. Pretty much the area I fish offshore

20140402_143529.jpg

20140402_125132.jpg

king triton

Jul 29, 2006
San Diego
Name
Fred
Boat
Ranger
I have 2 boats my freshwater boat is Red Ranger it's a 21 ranger z21 and I now have a 18 foot parker cc I'm going to name it after my little zoey ( daughter )

Hebby

Jul 13, 2011
Torrance, CA U.S.A.
Name
Graham Hebson
Boat
1990 Jersey 36 - Teaser
Houdini

First trip to Catalina all the moorings at the Isthmus were full so we anchored up at about 9 am. Sat on the pic for 4 hours and didn't move at all. Had the anchor alarm on. Went in to grab some lunch and a beer at Harbor Reef for less than an hour. My friends inflatable was side tied to us as well. Some dumbass dragged our anchor line and off went our boat around the corner towards Avalon. I have a strong feeling it was the 2 shitfaced yahoo's trying to set their anchor for over an hour in their disaster of a boat. Jumped on a my friends 13' whaler to head back out and it was gone. No one saw it, sheriff, harbor patrol, other boaters, no one. Found it at past Blue Cavern anchored up in a small cove in a perfect spot with the inflatable still side tied to it. We got real lucky the pic re-set. Named it Houdini for the disappearing act it pulled and the fact that we like to disappear on it and head to the islands.

dorado50

Well-Known "Member"
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
This boat only fishes the Sea of Cortez and since there are so many "PUNTAS" that I like to fish, thus the name "ON POINT". Plus I always like

to take the lead................

002.JPG

Team Ball's Out

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper

ivanhoe

Jul 21, 2005
california
Name
scott
Boat
Seahawg, 22' Cabo Cuddycon
By boat is called Sea Hawg.
I won a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle in our fire department 9/11 raffle. I don't ride bikes (too dangerous). I've taken too many bike riders to the trauma center or covered them with a yellow plastic blanket in my career. So, I sold the bike and used the money to buy a fishing boat. So, no road hawg, but a Sea Hawg.

Plus, I can take my buddies fishing on my boat, but that would look really gay to have them on the back of my bike!

Danthefishman

Oct 30, 2006
La Mesa/San Carlos
Name
Dan
Boat
19ft aluminum
By boat is called Sea Hawg.
I won a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle in our fire department 9/11 raffle. I don't ride bikes (too dangerous). I've taken too many bike riders to the trauma center or covered them with a yellow plastic blanket in my career. So, I sold the bike and used the money to buy a fishing boat. So, no road hawg, but a Sea Hawg.

Plus, I can take my buddies fishing on my boat, but that would look really gay to have them on the back of my bike!
image.jpg

What's so gay about that? :D

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
I wanted to name my pile Eating Nemo but wife said no, you can't catch jack much less Nemo
.. Settled on" Box of Chocalates", cuz you never know what your gonna get, except jack.

phillyblunt

Jun 10, 2005
SD
Name
Philip
Boat
EVEN KEEL
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF YOUR BOAT'S NAME?
TailChasher
HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH IT?
Was on the boat when i bought it.
WHY DID YOU SELECT THE NAME?
Name has been on the boar for 15+years, plus its painted on.

Bored at work.

Reactions: SoCalMALT