How about an updated site AVET ?

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Without sounding like a website critic, does anyone know if AVET has any plans to update their website? The product is finding a nice niche in our fishing community, but i can still only find slightly more info on the AVET site than i can on charkbait.

If im looking to buy a Green or Black or Silver Ex 30, i dont want to see a static photo in gold only. One photo? No reverse angles? No option of seeing each reel in its available skin colors? How about seeing some photos of fish caught on AVET reels within the last 2 years. And that HX in GOLD looks hideous, it looks like a carved out blocky piece of crap i would never buy. However, turn the reel around and get a professional photographer in there and shoot some photos of the etched tuna on the reels and people will see how nice they are.

Man, your product is great, but your website is pretty... well.... boring and static. Audio is good. I think you should have a website that makes people want to go back frequently and see whats cookin. Maybe live up to the "AVET CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO AMAZING" and put an announcement up on the board occaisionally with new model release info and updates.

You guys are hitting triples, and homers but missing the grand slam. SHOW the people what you have and they will buy it. Your website is not showing much.

For the record, i own 7 AVET 2-speeds.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">It looks sunny out to me?......

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Well, maybe im pissy because it was only 40 in Vegas. A little constructive criticism from your client base can only be bad if you ignore it. Know your market, males 18-60, we like to see things, lots of eye candy gives us something to be excited about. Why make such a fine product and have such a low end internet presence to showcase it. Man, if you arent all over the internet with your marketing in 2008, your behind by about 5 years or more.

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
In the Sticks
rippindrag.info
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
Lowe 1448M Fishing & Duck Boat "The MeatHog"
Even with out a bad ass web site,I'm sure sales are doing just fine.Best reels on the market,for the price!!!!

blindfth

Jun 13, 2007
Irvine, CA
Name
Jeff
Boat
I agree with you Jason.
Great product, not so great service in terms of technology.
Many of us were able to get excellent AFTER-service when they call & stop-by at the factory. But how about others? I did not want to burn fuel in LA traffic for more than 2 hrs and got no response from my email about some question.
What they need is PRE-SALES-SERVICE from their web & service centers at some locations.

Jeff

YANK N CRANK #2

Proud Wyoming Resident
Feb 28, 2006
God's Country, Wyoming
Name
Jason
Boat
27, Seaway, Yank n Crank
I find all the updated info on charkbait.. Avet added the HX to their site only recently.. There website is lacking a lot of info.. These days its not a big issue or expense to have a decent website..

myhouse44

Dec 26, 2007
san diego
Name
JAH
Boat
none
The sight is limited but I do love the reels! I just got a black HX for christmas, Is that a decent reel? Best fished with 50lb?

aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
The site needs an online part catalog and online tech support.

Also be careful when ordering parts off the diagrams as some are linked to the incorrect reel. Avet will email you the correct diagram if it's not linked properly.

Damn I hate those pinion bearings :deadhorse