how a conservationist/animal rights activist/vegan responds to a rude dfg

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by umoa, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach

Fuck me? I would love to see you try it... I'm not the DFG and I don't have to act like a professional, I can act like the asshole that I am and give you the spanking you deserve.

2. marlinmike

marlinmike head rigger in charge

Name:
    MR.P
    Boat:
    6'4'' viking R. I. P.
    wade you sir are for sure the true reason for contraception........be a man or did your moms boyfriend not teach you that lesson ????
    rules are rules know them live by them or ????? but don't egg someone on then cry foul.......you silly vegan chicks are for dicks!!!

3. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    Is someone down on Bloodydecks? Dog-pile? Let me know...I'll kick'em and call him or her an asshole too!

4. Surfdoc

Surfdoc The finger in the Dyke!

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    LOL.............damn this thread went all over the map.

IMO..........you acted like a fucktard..... I've worked with LEO's quite abit.. and you sir, were a fucktard... or an asshat if you would rather.

After he changed his voice and asked about your attitude, you would have been amazed what a smile and a quick, sorry.. no problem here officer would accomplish.. I'm telling ya that simple gesture would have defused the entire situation.. AND I'm thinking your testicles would not have fallen off by backing off a little.

But that my opinion... and I agree Respect gets Respect.....give it a try.

As far as the slap followed by the club and gaff................LOL LOL

Lets shelve that before it goes places that would require admin actions...

5. Fishbones

Fishbones Your wife thinks about ME

Name:
    Rich
    Boat:
    One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
    B.S without pictures of you screwing the lobsters

6. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    must be trying to make some of that bad dog mola meat!!!:rofl:

7. cksea

cksea <*}}}<

Name:
    CKSEA
    Boat:
    PORTA
    I would not file your gauge. The law says 3.25", guys diving for abalone have been sited for having a gauge over 7".

8. 1:11

1:11 WMDcustoms

Name:
    Boat:
    Here is a better look at our Guy. FUCK YEAH Wade, you are OK Man. You are a BD'er a hardcore fisherman and hooper out there in a yak getting it done legally. FIGHT THE MLPA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4QabV5Ubo

Who's side are you on? Are you on the side on DFG and MLPA, or are you on the side of the law abiding citizen, the angler, the fisherman, the sportsman and the hunter? We need to respectfully be educating our wardens.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  9. Surfdoc

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    Jason...........all that shows is that the argument with the DFG officer was a setup.

And sorry.............but I have no respect for that type of Bullshit showmanship. If he wants to have his 15 minutes of fame.. cool......... the Tshark. Bitchin thread.

Baiting a F&G Warden is crap man..........we all have to deal with these guys.. the last thing we need is for them to have a "Chip" on they're shoulders because a BD'r baited them into an argument.

Sorry............buts that how I feel on this.

I was taught from a young age to respect authority........and when that young man put on that badge he earned that. And unless he does something to me to change that.. I will continue to try and make every ,meeting with the Game wardens as easy and smooth as possible, for both of us.

The last thing I need or want is somebody trying to make they're rep by pissing them off.

10. 1:11

1:11 WMDcustoms

Name:
    Boat:
    That is only your opinion though Stan, as well as a few others that are throwing that out there. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest what you are espousing is true. He was fishing, filming the whole time. DFG came up to do his job and Wade had no control over that. Have you ever double checked to make sure you locked the door or set the alarm? Ever triple checked your alarm clock. The fines are high, he checked on last time, big deal.

Your inital comments about bitch-slapping him were totally uncalled for, not even close to being moderate and are tyrannical. So you were saying if you were in a position of police power you would put a beatdown, or even a bitch slap on a citizen? I think you wouldnt, and you started and riled alot up with that extremely irresponsible statement. But we all make mistakes. I think you are smart enough to know you were wrong, even if Wade was disrespectful, which i dont think he was, nor did the warden earn or deserve much respect.

11. Curadokat

Curadokat Sick Treeman

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    NADA

I would also like to know why.......Sounds like a bullshit excuse to be a punk ass to an officer

12. mike garrahan

mike garrahan TheSabreGuy

Name:
    mike garrahan
    Boat:
    23 ft. crestliner
    DFG wardens, police officers etc. are people just like everybody else. They have bad days, they get tired, angry and frustrated. They are out at 2 AM dealing with the public when they would rather be home in bed with their wife or girlfriend. When someone gives them grief it just reinforces their attitude that the world is full of know it all jerks. Do you think that the warden is going to give anyone a break after going through a confrontation like that. If someone acts in an unprofessional manner you file a formal complaint and the guys supervisor will deal with the problem. You get the guy all fired up in the field and the only thing you do is make sure that he is going to be a hardass the rest of the night or maybe the rest of the season. You have an absolute legal right to be a jerk and he has the absolute legal right to enforce every rule and regulation down to the thousandth of an inch. Do everyone a favor and try to cooperate with the wardens as best you can. It will be better for all of us in the long run. If the guy is truly acting in an unprofessional manner the complaints will start to stack up and the DFG will be forced to deal with it in the proper manner.

13. bellcon

bellcon Member

Name:
    Don
    Boat:
    prowler trident 15
    Well said Jason

Stan, even you said you:
    I was also brought up with this lesson...But you also readily admit you have your limits (Like all of us do) regarding the amount of attitude you will take from a man whether he is wearing a badge or not.
    I think this applies to Wade, this was not the first time he had a run in with this officer,
    There is no law that says he can't measure his bugs again (regardless of how suspicious it may look) I see guys measuring their catch when they get back to shore all the time, for whatever reason, (I know Wade wasn't afraid of a short being in his catch).

Could Wade have been a nicer guy? he sure could have, but he is under no obligation to kiss the ass of another man who has given him grief for no reason in the past.

I was surprised as hell when I watched the video,
    I don't know Wade that well, but it is obvious to me that he was disrespected and it was not the first time. His tolerance for taking shit was low that night.
    And for so many tough guys to jump in his face here, then say how mellow they would have been in his shoes wreaks of hypocrisy.

I know the moderators have a job to do here (and seems to me you guys do a good job)... But to threaten a guy, even underhanded, and then threaten him with "Admin Action" when he responds... doesn't sound very Bloody Deckish...

Cut Wade some slack, if you think he acted like a dick say so, and move on...
    But lets leave threats out of the conversation, and if you do choose to cross that line, don't be surprised when it is given back ten fold...

I do know Wade is a fisherman who follows the DFG rules and releases more BIG fish (T-Sharks, Yellows, WSB) than most guys would ever even consider.

And Mike:
    If they would rather be home...
    then they should call in sick that day, a tired cop or warden or any man in a position of authority gets NO PASS to act in a disrespectful manner to a law biding citizen. Regardless of where he would rather be that night.

Do they have a tough job? Yes it can be at times...
    but our tax dollars are being spent to train them and to pay them to act in a manner that shows professionalism at all times... not just the "good" days.

If I was on the beach that night I would have been surprised by Wades attitude...
    But I bet he has a reason for it...

I would have also been disappointed by hearing a warden say "Don't give me attitude"
    If a warden wants to give attitude to a poacher fine... but he is paid to be nothing but respectful to a law biding fisherman, even if he looks suspicious in his eyes,
    The warden had a job to do, do it and move on,
    The warden chose to engage in the chatter with Wade.
    It was his choice to do so.
    And I can Guarantee his supervisor will show him a better way to handle this type of situation next time....
    Defuse don't escalate... that part of the job description.

Wade
    A Conservationist, Animal Rights Activist, Vegan:hali_olutta:

You crack me up
    You keep releasing all them trophy fish and 3.25 lobsters (more for the rest of us)

14. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Because I get an extra $1 on my paycheck from Ali for every thread I close.

Thank you

15. Surfdoc

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    Jason, since Saluki already put this thread to bed.

All I'm gonna add is "Bitchslap" is a catch phrase.. and not to be taken literally,
    Wade did.. and sorry about that.

Also......you are very correct, everything I posted is my Opinion only. And no matter how wierd/ugly this thread got, there were some good and interesting comments/thoughts made in it.

Thanks Brandon. Your $'s in the mail... all pennies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.