Hotel Suggestions, Seaforth Trips?

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
All of my trips over the years have been from Pt Loma. Looks like I'll be going out of Seaforth later this year. For out-of-towners, do y'all have any favorite hotels to stay at, that are "convenient" to Seaforth? Ya, someday I might have a situation where we want to stay at a "resort" in Mission Bay. But for now, just looking for a decent place for the lone fisherman. Decent restaurants in walking distance a plus.

I see there's a number of places just south of I-8, and around the shopping center......

Thanks for any suggestions! M.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
San Diego
Name
CB
Boat
NA
Wyndham Garden Inn is across the street from Phil's BBQ and a 5min drive to the landing for under $100

Most convenient would be the Hyatt, walking distance to the landing...

Reactions: Reelax_N_Fish

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
The place across the street has ground level rooms on the water front.

if you want to stay a few days before, Paradise Point is my fave. All bungalows and it’s own island. The Bare Foot bar (maybe diff name) is epic, on the bay and clear view of the fireworks. You can amso rent blow boats, little bay boats of seadoos from the resort. My fave.

Reactions: bugman

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
Thanks you guys. I'm a little too "thrifty" to stay at the 200+ a night places in Mission Bay.....when it's just me. With my wife, a different story.

I read some of the reviews of places like that Wyndham Garden & nearby; numerous comments about "sketchy"....weird & shady stuff going on in parking lots. Funny because, I've never seen anything sketchy at my stays at the Pt Loma hotels. Except for one crazy guy at the Dolphin, who turned out to be a lawyer on my 7 day trip!

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
The place across the street has ground level rooms on the water front.

if you want to stay a few days before, Paradise Point is my fave. All bungalows and it’s own island. The Bare Foot bar (maybe diff name) is epic, on the bay and clear view of the fireworks. You can amso rent blow boats, little bay boats of seadoos from the resort. My fave.

I'm guessing you mean "The Dana at Mission Bay." Just checked it and....with the AAA discount, a room for 2 is $152 before taxes. That's not bad at all, for the convenience and the non-sketch factor.

Paradise Point.... I'll save that for the wife vacation :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: invictus

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Thanks you guys. I'm a little too "thrifty" to stay at the 200+ a night places in Mission Bay.....when it's just me. With my wife, a different story.

I read some of the reviews of places like that Wyndham Garden & nearby; numerous comments about "sketchy"....weird & shady stuff going on in parking lots. Funny because, I've never seen anything sketchy at my stays at the Pt Loma hotels. Except for one crazy guy at the Dolphin, who turned out to be a lawyer on my 7 day trip!
That area is full of homeless people and is not that nice.

Reactions: OldDawg_NewTricks