Hotel Coral Ramp

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by yellowklr, Apr 17, 2014.

1. yellowklr

yellowklr My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    complicated
    Anyone launch their boat at Coral in the last few weeks? Thinking about going soon and wanted to know if anything has changed………Heard a rumor that there might me some problems????

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. muchopescado

muchopescado Skipper

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    31 Fountain TE Mucho Pescado
    If I remember correctly its very steep, but haven't launched there in a while. Sorry I cant be more help

3. Professor

Professor Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Yale
    Boat:
    32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
    Ramp is steep and if It's low tide and your on the mossy part of the ramp with a heavy boat you will need 4wd at a minimum.

4. pura vida

pura vida Pura Vida II

Name:
    Gene Miller
    Boat:
    Pura Vida II, 500 mile range
    Call the hotel and get the latest and the $. Its a bit steep but you can launch anything there.

5. yellowklr

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    complicated
    familiar with the ramp itself been there many times….Tried calling but no help at all
    wanted to know if anyone has gone lately wondering about the parking situation

6. ztunamann

ztunamann Newbie

Name:
    Zimm
    Boat:
    Crusty
    Ramp is in good shape but we used to be able to park the rig within the fenced area of the launch ramp after floating the boat but they now make you park ur rig all the way back around by the breakwall. Was a major issue when I went with my young boy who can't drive boat or rig yet.

Zimm

7. MARINA CORAL

MARINA CORAL Newbie

Name:
    FITO ESPINOZA
    Boat:
    Muchos!
    Hi everybody, Our ramp is operational, you will need to have the following documents in hand to use the ramp.
    1)Vessel registration or USCG Documentation.(current)
    2)Insurance Policy with coverege in Ensenada for Liability.
    3)Tourist Card that can be obtanied in the Tijuana Port of entry if you are driving. The cost is $306.00pesos good for 6 months or you can get one for 7 days or less @ NO COST, just present your Passport.
    4)Mexican Temporary Import Permit is Issued by BANJERCITO and can be obtained in Tijuana and Otay Ports of entry , (it's for vessels bigger than 14.5 feet ) the fee is $52.20dlls and you will require original Vessel registration, Passport, engine serial number(s) and if you have a trailer the registration for that as well.
    http://www.sat.gob.mx/aduanas/vehic...Paginas/embarcaciones_banrjercito_ingles.aspx

Remember we operate the only fuel dock in town, so you can count we will have Diesel and Gasoline when you head down to Fish in our area.
    Marina Coral
    Toll Free: 866-302-0066

8. muchopescado

muchopescado Skipper

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    31 Fountain TE Mucho Pescado
    They don't make it easy do they !!!!

9. pfish

pfish Member

Name:
    Pfish
    Boat:
    23 Parker
    Exactly why I am boycotting Mex for one year to see if they can figure it out?

10. Its 4 Reel

Its 4 Reel Member

Name:
    Capt. Louie Prieto
    Boat:
    23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
    Easy??? Try taking a boat to the U.S. that's registered in another country. You talk about hoops and red tape to jump through...and it will cost you 3 times what you'll pay for getting your boat to the U.S. as opposed to bringing it down to Mexico. And anyone on that boat that is not a U.S. citizen will need a U.S. Visa which costs $140....with NO guarantees that the interviewer will grant you one. Talk about not making it easy the U.S. government are the champs at making it hard for all of us to go back and forth between countries.

jeffzou, CPV and mafrancis66 like this.
  11. aguachico

aguachico I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Tell Louie. WTF are they whining about? Taking a boat to the Coral and puttin git in a slip is easy and the Coral makes you feel totally welcome. The dock master there is so cool. Try that in San Diego, huntington beach or Leucadia eh?

12. yellowklr

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    complicated
    Ive had nothing but good experiences at the Hotel Coral

13. bobrehfuss

bobrehfuss Ruffo

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    Yes
    Well Derek, It still doesn't look like you got any info on parking but sparked off another discussion nonetheless.

I know there are two ways of looking at everything but I don't understand what's not "easy"? Maybe someone can respond and enlighten me?

Boat Registration or documentation? Just like your car the government, right here in the good ol' USA, has always required that. All boat owners should have it.

Insurance policy? If you don't have it you should! A Boat US policy as well as most other carriers covers the US and Baja down to Punta Banda so good to go there.

Liability coverage in Ensenada. If your towing to Baja you should have Mex auto insurance which covers the boat while on the trailer and adding on the water liability to that policy is very easy and affordable. If you go by water a policy is also easily attainable. Discover Baja, Baja Bound and others make it really easy and only takes a phone call or email.

Tourist Card Aka FMM? Always supposed to have one of those too. Free at the border when you cross if your driving and easy to get if you go by water.

Mexican Temporary Importation Permit Aka TIP? Ok, I will admit this is something new for me but in reality it was always required just not enforced. Super easy to get online and costs about $50 or you can get it at the border when you cross and it's good for 10 years.

I understand that there is a little documentation and expense needed to take a boat to Baja but compared to the time and money put into the boat, motors, tackle, etc. the required paperwork seems easy. C'mon you can do it from your living room while watching TV and drinking a beer. Well, I guess you do have to set your beer down while typing so that must be the part that's not "easy", hahaha :)

mafrancis66 likes this.
  14. yellowklr

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    complicated

LETS GO!!!

15. somewhatfit

somewhatfit Pajaro

Name:
    mark rojas
    Boat:
    21' Wellcraft "Pajaro"
    We towed and launched out of Coral on Fri March 28th to get in on the early yellowtail bite. Arrived at 7am and we were not asked for boat registration, insurance paperwork, TIP, anything. Paid the $20 U.S. at the hotel office and launched. Parking was directly in front of the launch. We were one of two boats that launched that particular day. Returned to port at 3:00pm and used their freshwater hose down to purge the motor and wipe down before heading back across the border. Crossed in Tecate and took 20 minutes to get across.
    Coral is the way to go. Immaculate facilities, secure parking, friendly people. Hope this helps!

16. MYNomad

MYNomad Heading South

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Yes
    Actually, Fito (and Hilda) really does his best to make sure you have a good stay and want to come back again.

17. Professor

Professor Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Yale
    Boat:
    32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
    I can go on forever about the US and MX making it difficult to enjoy the opportunities the other has to offer. If it can be done with courtesy, style and class Fito is the man. I've been a Coral resident and visitor and he went out of his way to make all of my time at Coral a trouble free , enjoyable experience. Go and enjoy!

18. curt lj.

curt lj. .

Name:
    curt ljungquist
    Boat:
    22 sea cat/16 klamath
    $20.00??, did they drop the rate? how many quarters did it take to make the hose work?

19. yellowklr

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    complicated
    I'll be down Thurs-Sunday
    hope the fish cooperate!

20. aguachico

aguachico I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Suerte Gallo. Looks like the wind is settling at the right time.