Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
8/25/19 tropical storm IVO finaly broke out cold weather and its now hot and muggy,theres reports of whiteseabass down neer arroyo hondo and good baite moveing in,so good news all around.
I've been fishing in very cool weather,overcast and foggy,the catching hase been good,down south of the sq pont in 100 foot there is very good calicos,sandbass and nice reds,out on the high spots a sprincke of tails,good lings and fine reds and big bones to be hade,at san martin island we hade a few nice bytes on halibut,calicos are big and fat and theres very good baite at hassellers cove,water temp mid 60ts and very clean,this warm weather will reset everything,maybe some tuna will get close ennoff for us to go chase them,heres a few fotos of the last few days fishing in sq.
on 8/20/19 I fish's with the Hernandez hermanos in very cool,windy weather,we stayd close,4 miles south on sq point we found wide open sandys,calicos and reds,we were back at the mill by 10 with limits.
IMG_9186.JPG

wide open.
IMG_9185.JPG

on 8/22-23 fish with bill claverie,jim hay-ton & ramon ramirez from the imperial valle,22 was cool 23 was warm and muggy,fish'd san martin for butts but found non,then calicos,not wide open but nice fishing,endded the day deepdropping for reds ans lingcod.
IMG_9195.JPG

the cove at san martin island.
IMG_9202.JPG

in sq bay we cought wile making baite 10 puffer fish,ok so whats going on,puffers are a warm water fish,hummm.
IMG_9199.JPG

we fish'd for calicos very tight to the island.
IMG_9207.JPG

mr bill claverie with averge lincod for this day.
IMG_9215.JPG

mr ramon ramirez,cpr fat calicos.
IMG_9217.JPG

on the 23rd we fish SMI,loaded up and wide open spanich macks and went fishing neer the island,cought a few beautiful calicos on baite,cpr and a few lings,then mr jim hay-ton hook a big fish,after a 25-30 minite fight jim landdes a very nice black seabass,juanstimation 160-70.
IMG_9224.JPG

mr hay-ton fought the fish very well.
IMG_9225.JPG

jim and bill.
IMG_9231.JPG

tails and boots.
IMG_9235.JPG
after the seabass we went deepdropping.
IMG_9245.JPG

ray with goat.
IMG_9247.JPG

a nice mix of great eating fish.
IMG_9252.JPG
at pancho palapas fish cleaning station.
IMG_9255.JPG
my doughter jannanette and her cussin Melany look at the fish and wonder.
IMG_9272.JPG
ray,jim & bill.
IMG_9296.JPG
mr jim hay-ton.
IMG_9301.JPG

note-i'll be fishing bola all of oct,ive got opening on my parker for up to 3 angelers,fishing for big yellowtail,whaiteseabass,gulf grouper and run and gun cassting for leopard grouper(cabrilla sardiners)pm me for prizing...……..fishonnn&onnn.

Last edited:

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Nice, storm looked pretty strong this morning, going by Turtle bay. Hope it resets fishing . Looks like another one behind it? Already clouds by desert, oh well. Good luck, nice fishing!

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
bring on the storms we need them to change things aroud and the surfers must also be suffering poor guys no big swells.

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Good luck, multiple boats, radios, have one boat bite the bullet and concentrate on the WSB . If it doesn't happen, lots of by catch, same areas, you don't know if you don't try. Nice to have Soo many friends looking,call each other in. Roads everything better than ever, I still can't convince me friends they will survive , maybe have a great time. Good luck

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
10 of us will be there this weekend, hope the WSB are hungry, still waiting for my first one.:D
derek the water on the inside yust warmd up to 66 with good baite in the area my friend todd put two fish on his boat today,one was 65 plus,come on down and don't forget youre cocodrilos,good luck.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Hope you guys looking for your first WSB are on your way, world and bite seems to change quickly. Good luck, get down while the getting is good. Good luck

Reactions: noslow64

noslow64

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 1, 2015
La Mesa
Name
Derek
Boat
sold it
Hope you guys looking for your first WSB are on your way, world and bite seems to change quickly. Good luck, get down while the getting is good. Good luck
I wish I was leaving today, we're fishing sunday/monday, keeping my fingers crossed that they will still be biting !!!!!! :rockin:
got my FMM stamped yesterday so I can just roll through w/o stopping. will be at the old mill Saturday afternoon

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Sick day, ? Good luck, these opportunities just seem to build for a few days then move , wait for someone or something to find em, I don't know, maybe water turns over, storms, wind . Yep, great time of year, one thing fades another starts , best of luck, who knows, tuna next, dorado? Bigger WSB, sure you're going to have a great trip.