ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    Was able to get out with a small break in the weather, beats sitting at home or working. Not too bad weather wise: about 8 knots early which died down to 5-6 knots most of the day. Overcast with the sun peaking through for about 45 minutes, cold. It's winter! Water Temps at 57 to 58, about what it was for me before the wind. Water clarity was fair maybe 6 to 8 ft. Not much as far as fish go, thought they need to eat sometime! Put three calicos on the boat, one legal. All released on plastics. Swells were mixed and formidable, 2 to 6 feet. Felt like offshore at times. One dog took offense to a pelicans proximity, took a swim! Jelly fish around. Didn't meter much, still nice to be out. Looks pretty nasty next couple days. Stay safe. Tight lines!

20210215_111053.jpg

20210215_103001.jpg

20210215_102654.jpg

Upvote 0

aquaman_2020

aquaman
    Oct 19, 2006
    beverlyhills
    Name
    Raymond
    Boat
    20' TROPHY WA
    its always good to get out !!! thanks for the report ,thinking about going out on friday

Reactions: ANGLING ALLEN
    Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    One dog took offense to a pelicans proximity, took
    Hahha. A few years back we were chumming for makos on the Avalon Bank. A seagull flew past the stern of the boat and my dog Larry decided to take a flying leap and try and grab it out of mid air. I laugh now, but it could have been bad. Larry spent the rest of the trip tied up.

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
    Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    Hahha. A few years back we were chumming for makos on the Avalon Bank. A seagull flew past the stern of the boat and my dog Larry decided to take a flying leap and try and grab it out of mid air. I laugh now, but it could have been bad. Larry spent the rest of the trip tied up.
    he made the DO NOT BOAT LIST!!! XD

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 25, 2015
    Anaheim, CA
    Name
    Jim Isbell
    Boat
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    Great to bring you dog, but serious too. Almost lost mine a few years back when it bailed out. Yeah, it was tethered, and the tether almost drowned him as he was dragging underwater behind the boat before I got there and gathered him in. Dogs are great, fun, good--but not smart.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    Great to bring you dog, but serious too. Almost lost mine a few years back when it bailed out. Yeah, it was tethered, and the tether almost drowned him as he was dragging underwater behind the boat before I got there and gathered him in. Dogs are great, fun, good--but not smart.

Found the pic from right after his attempted seagull attack! LOL Made sure the tether was not long enough to allow him to get over the rail if he tried it again. He was about 8 months old at the time. The face says says it all. "I'm sorry dad" hahah Decided to make it may Avatar.

1613606158051.png

Upvote 0