ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    Thursday 1/21 put 30 mixed bass and 1 sculpin on a solo trip to the Horseshoe on plastics while drifting using scents. Started in 70 feet for a quick dozen in dirty water with only about 6-8 feet visibility at the surface. Temperature on my gauge was 51 degrees, seems too cold? Beautiful day with light winds, sunshine, and no boats around. Most fish were caught near the bottom, however, several were caught suspended. Dolphin, bait, and birds were plentiful. Moved to deeper water (90 feet) and scratched out another 20 at various small rocks. Plenty of lobster bouys to target and explore. All fish were released, including the sculpin. Most were 13 inch cookie cutters with the largest at 17 inches and several doubles. Favorite colors were not red, but rather chovy and green. Heading to Izors tomorrow, hope the wind and rain cooperate. Still have some debris floating around, be careful out there. Tight lines.

calico.jpg

board.jpg

sculpin.jpg

cali.jpg

cali2.jpg

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    I was gonna ask id you didn't report, what was the temp? I would say 51 sounds too cold with the bass biting that well. The temps were stable for a while and if they tanked 8-9 degrees after that offshore event I would say the bite would be dead for more than a day. Thanks for the report

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Thanks for the report hoping to get out there soon on my skiff

Upvote 0

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 12, 2010
    Lb inshore
    Name
    Simmo
    Boat
    19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
    Ive been reading 57 pretty constant last few weeks. I think a reading of 51 is off

Upvote 0