Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
Just made a ‘bomb’ as I call it... I think it’ll work... had some spare line laying around and a couple carabiners, drilled 4 small holes (2 on either end) slid the line through it, and connected the carabiners. Pop the ‘biners apart and you can open the lid. It won’t let me post pics, but it’s just a Promar tube. Where’s the whine about the new forum bugs thread!?

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
For the record they aren't seals. Try using the term lion and maybe some of these fucks that help protect them might wake up.

yakdout

Professional
Jun 26, 2014
San Diego
Name
Brandon
Boat
s and hoes
Came in from hooping tonight shot the 2 sea lions in the head With the paint ball gun Harbor police watch me didn't say a word
I think if more and more people do this, they might learn to be afraid of us again. Most probably think it’s illegal, but fish and game obviously knows there’s a problem or there wouldn’t be a whole page of items legal for deterrent.

Sep 4, 2018
Imperial Beach, CA
Name
Franklin Warner
Boat
2019 Sea Hunt Ultra 234
Oh and fish and game said nothing they can do its federal ... for the record I called them too (federal fish and wildlife).. no return call . I WILL NOT BE BIT AGAIN
Shit man, you got bit!!!? The seals around us were literally running into my boat and lunging at the hoops when we dipped them back in the water to clean off the grass.

Isnt it odd that they will hunt down and kill mountain lions for dangerous interaction with humans but they wont do shit to a seal?Im with madrugador,If one comes on my boat uninvited again it gets a gaff or fishbilly straight to the head.
I think there was a story posted recently citing the reason cities are not doing anything about the seal problem is because tourists like to see them. The cities even recognized how disgusting they are making our docks and marinas but it was worth it to protect them for the tourism money. Ridiculous!

Sep 4, 2018
Imperial Beach, CA
Name
Franklin Warner
Boat
2019 Sea Hunt Ultra 234
I think if more and more people do this, they might learn to be afraid of us again. Most probably think it’s illegal, but fish and game obviously knows there’s a problem or there wouldn’t be a whole page of items legal for deterrent.
I may be more comfortable doing this offshore or even outside of the bay. Something needs to be done about the overpopulation so they learn we are not their next meal.

Sep 4, 2018
Imperial Beach, CA
Name
Franklin Warner
Boat
2019 Sea Hunt Ultra 234
I think a lot of this seal problem has been caused by people dumping their bait at the end of the night . These seals are smart and have gotten used to being fed . You should always bucket your bait at the end of the night and dump it on the way in away from the waiting furbags .
We never delt with the seals while hooping so we were baffled to see all of our bait gone in less than an hour. Then they became very angry once we pulled the hoops. We have noticed the amount of seals has increased substantially when fishing lately. Maybe we notice more because there aren't very many of us out there vs the mass of people fishing during the summer.

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
Shit man, you got bit!!!? The seals around us were literally running into my boat and lunging at the hoops when we dipped them back in the water to clean off the grass.

I think there was a story posted recently citing the reason cities are not doing anything about the seal problem is because tourists like to see them. The cities even recognized how disgusting they are making our docks and marinas but it was worth it to protect them for the tourism money. Ridiculous!
Yuo came up from behind . Never seen him coming.grabbed my bicep and pulled me backwards. Im only in a 13.6 gregor . Scared the shit out of me. Luckily he let go before dragging me out of the boat.

Reactions: Franklin Warner

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
25’ Parker
Came in from hooping tonight shot the 2 sea lions in the head With the paint ball gun Harbor police watch me didn't say a word
Have you tried freezing the paintballs?

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ships & Giggles (32' double decker pontoon)
After a ton of trial and error i built my own tubes with screw caps, havnt had a problem in two years, they dive give it a look and leave. Sold a few also....
I made some similar to these... 3" black PVC about 18" long with a carabiner on each end to attach to the net (similar to Dave Hansen's setup) ... have had the dogs try and try but they never get the bait and a lot of chew marks in the tubes but they never get the bait