antdog562

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 25, 2013
norwalk
Name
Anthony
Boat
22' bayrunner
2nd time out looking for bugs. 1st time pulling up anything. still have alot to learn. started just before sunset at the wall. only have 4 nets so far, used macks and sardine. 2spiders and 2 bugs in 3 hours. not much, but a success for me and my bro.

20140928_220200.jpg

flyinverted

Apr 24, 2012
Fullerton, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Trojan F32
The spiders have shells like concrete. Legs are tasty though with a sweetness to them.

rbfishn

May 15, 2012
Rialto,Ca
Name
Reggie
Boat
And that's how it all begins.....

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Cool nice start. Those crab legs are better than lobster. I try for them. But get lobsters. Little note. The warden was at Dana 9-29 at 3:30 am checking us buggers. They look out lobsters and black lighted them???? Any idea why???? They would not say just said nice catch let us go!!

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
They like to mark lobsters and put them in traps opening weekend to catch poachers. They used to pull the tail out and down and stick tags under the carapace. Maybe they have a dye now.

antdog562

Sep 25, 2013
norwalk
Name
Anthony
Boat
22' bayrunner
nice way to catch poachers... thanks for the info

2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
Cool nice start. Those crab legs are better than lobster. I try for them. But get lobsters. Little note. The warden was at Dana 9-29 at 3:30 am checking us buggers. They look out lobsters and black lighted them???? Any idea why???? They would not say just said nice catch let us go!!
fish and game dye lobster and plant them in "commercial traps", thats them doing their part to regulate poaching. the black light will allow the dye to show up, and its all the time, not just opening weekend

Fed_bakeman

Sep 29, 2009
Temecula
Name
Fred E. Bee
Boat
26ft, Striper. Maria Elena
Better to wait until the last week of October to hoop lobster. That's when deer hunting season opens in D-16. Most of the wardens will be checking hunting then.. But still keep it legal, just less chance of hassle on the water.
It is always bad when the warden and the women say it is too short.:fighting0061:

skillett

Jun 11, 2009
Oxnard, Ca. U.S.A.
Name
Doug
Boat
25' Skipjack Sportsman
Good job rookie....by looking at your picture it occurred to me that if you would have waited a little longer happy hour would have been over and more bugs would have left the bar (sand bar?)......lobster drinking Modelo was the first clue....lol