blowncar

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
Fishing in area with sailfish and medium stripe marlin, rare but possible 300lb marlin and of course dorado. Need to rig up 25-30 new lures, large feathers and medium sized marlin. I have a enough Mustad 34007 8/0's on hand to do the job. Will these do they trick or do i need the mustads 7791s at $6-7 a pop?

FM-Outside

Apr 9, 2015
Name
Frank
Boat
Anchor Baby
For lures I run 9/0s and 10/0s primarily targeting stripers and have landed sails, dorado and blues on them. I get the mag bay brand on their ebay store, 5 pack for $10. I think you'll be fine with what you got but that's a cheaper option if you're worried about it.

Reactions: mahi

Aliboy

Dec 27, 2017
NZ
Name
David
Boat
44ft Sportfisher
9s and 10s also here for Striped and Blue Marlin. Mostly 200lb to 400lb size fish. There is an old rule for typical resin head marlin lures that says the lure gape should just fit over the head of the lure. Gets you close to right usually. Dont forget to properly sharpen those hooks.

Reactions: mahi

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
laguna niguel
Name
Bob
Boat
Henriques 28 Express
9s and 10s also here for Striped and Blue Marlin. Mostly 200lb to 400lb size fish. There is an old rule for typical resin head marlin lures that says the lure gape should just fit over the head of the lure. Gets you close to right usually. Dont forget to properly sharpen those hooks.
This is right on. The 7691 is a good hook. You do not need the SS model. Use magic marker on point after you sharpen.