Trent

Almost A Member
Jul 16, 2009
Olympia WA
Name
Trent E Rickman
Boat
20' NorthWest Signature
Hey there fellow Chum Thumpin' Dog Pounders... if you're thinking about fishing Hoodsport or Chico Bay this weekend, I hope the fishing is better than it was today. I went for a bike ride/Chum recon mission today, and Hoodsport was dead. I spoke with a guy who fished from first light until low tide... he didn't see any bank or boat fisherman catch a single fish. One of the hatchery runways was completely full of Chum and there was a lot of dead Chum in Finch Creek.

I then rode to Chico Bay... saw a few guys fishing the Skok, but it looked high and muddy. There was fish at Chico Bay, but I only saw one fisherman with a fish. The fishermen told me it was extremely slow... wish I had better news.

YouTube - Chum Recon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
those fish at chico like a bobber and shrimp its best to get in a boat and fish in the bay rather than at the mouth

Upvote 0

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
  • Aug 10, 2008
    Kitsap WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Boulton
    those fish at chico like a bobber and shrimp its best to get in a boat and fish in the bay rather than at the mouth

Those fish at chico all just got scooped up by the indians the other day. I could see the tribals surrounding them in nets and scooping them up from the hwy. Bay was full of big boat netting and it appeared that was a convey of other netting boats making their way to chico.

Thats what I done seen...

Upvote 0

Trent

Almost A Member
    Jul 16, 2009
    Olympia WA
    Name
    Trent E Rickman
    Boat
    20' NorthWest Signature
    Those fish at chico all just got scooped up by the indians the other day. I could see the tribals surrounding them in nets and scooping them up from the hwy. Bay was full of big boat netting and it appeared that was a convey of other netting boats making their way to chico.

Thats what I done seen...

Yeah, several of the fishermen said they saw the same thing last Tuesday. They also netted at Hoodsport Tuesday and Thursday, so it sounds like a lot of the fish were taken out of both areas last week, leaving small schools of stragglers...

Upvote 0

1reelmn4u

Jul 27, 2010
    Seattle, WA King
    fished Chico last week along with 35 other boats each tending their respective NET. No way a fish could've gottten past all of the nets or foung their wat to the creek with having radar to guide them around the nets. That's why Safeway is selling "fresh caught Keta" at $5.99 a pound. Spoke with one native near the ramp, he said he'd taken around 50 fish on tuesday. If all of those nets were doing as good-then no fish left to make it to the creek.

Upvote 0