Reefmo

Almost A Member
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
Out Saturday.. gentleman's start at 0900. Launched Dana, motored to Salt Creek.... Slow trolled deans looking for those winter YT. No love... moved to a spot I picked at random on google earth...

Water temp was 60F. Zero wind. Minimal Swell. Perfect day... all day.

Turned out OK! Limited on smaller reds 12-14" in about 40 minutes with the fin bait...

Used a GoFish Cam to get some footage at 200' deep...
Turned out awesome...

full

Upvote 0

shinbob

Almost A Member
Oct 31, 2011
Pasadena
Name
Shin
Boat
Triton 240 LTS
Nice video -- does that camera have a light? I tried using my water wolf camera at 200', but it was mostly dark and I couldn't see anything at all.

Upvote 0

Reefmo

Almost A Member
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Nice video -- does that camera have a light? I tried using my water wolf camera at 200', but it was mostly dark and I couldn't see anything at all.
Yeah, it has a light... it is green color so things dont render in their true colors.

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
My waterwolf shot good footage at 220 might depend on the water clarity

Reactions: shinbob
Upvote 0

miaf

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Does the Go Fish Cam logo always appear on your videos or is there an option to not have that displayed?

Upvote 0

Pescador Paul

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
How close is this to the MLPA? While highly unscientific, your video suggests to me that the MLPas are having the desired effect.

JMHO

Upvote 0

Reefmo

Almost A Member
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Thanks for sharing the video. Very cool . Got a little dizzy towards the end though.
I know! The cam really pivots around the line... not sure how to stop that... Maybe rig up some wings on it or something -- or maybe swivels?

Upvote 0

shinbob

Almost A Member
Oct 31, 2011
Pasadena
Name
Shin
Boat
Triton 240 LTS
I know! The cam really pivots around the line... not sure how to stop that... Maybe rig up some wings on it or something -- or maybe swivels?

I had the same problem with my waterwolf. It's because there's very little water resistance to rotational movement, so it oscillates back and forth like that.

I attached a very small wing (1" by 3"), made out of a small piece cut out of some aluminum flashing, and that completely cured the problem.

Upvote 0

Reefmo

Almost A Member
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Did you even try to fish with BAIT? lol
Right? I started out with sardines with their motors cut off... then just straight sardines.... after a bit they were biting bare hooks! I had 9 fish so I sent down my double gangion with a sardine on only one hook... came up with 2 fish.... left one on the hook and sent him back down to recompress... he got off and another got on... epic.

Reactions: rick rouland
Upvote 0

Reefmo

Almost A Member
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
I had the same problem with my waterwolf. It's because there's very little water resistance to rotational movement, so it oscillates back and forth like that.

I attached a very small wing (1" by 3"), made out of a small piece cut out of some aluminum flashing, and that completely cured the problem.
Nice idea! My wife is a mechanical engineer with a 3D printer... I am thinking she can whip me up somethin...

Upvote 0