Honesty is the Key to successful fishing

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by J_B, Jun 20, 2010.

1. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    21' Lightnin' Whaler "Moana B."
    I always find it amusing how many fisherman lie about where they caught and what they caught it on. When I first started fishing I asked people where the caught their Ahi, sometimes I would get a wild story, once i was told up the river!:rofl:

I never lie and I always share "truthful information". Since telling a few older and more experienced fisherman spot on facts, like I just got an Ahi on the 1000 fathom outside PP bouy on the blue salmon. Then later that day they catch in the same place. Now the same person who told me I caught the ahi up the river gives me spot on facts. If you don't want to tell the truth better to say nothing at all.

2. Tofinoguy

Tofinoguy Member

Name:
    Shawn
    Boat:
    28ft Hourston - "Ospray 1"
  3. all_bent

all_bent Newbie

Name:
    all bent
    Boat:
    25 Lightnin Radon
    u gotta remember, fish not only going stay in one place, especially if the pilot whales come through, so i wouldnt get all nuha at someone if i went to a place they told me they caught and expect to be all bent.. its just narrowing down where the fish are running to and from.. just fish how u fish, every boat has its own colors, drag what you know works.

and no worry, the ahis not even making a good showing yet, u still get the whole month of july to kill em. sounds like your uncle u getting your info from no like you, i would delete that faka from my phone!

4. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    Da uncle's take care now! Just never shared any information at first cause I probably had never catch one 200 lb + Ahi. Now they share information. But like you said just cuz the fish are their when you catch doesn't mean they going to stay there. Pilot whales will definitely end the bit in a hurry. I just brought this up cuz some guys will just lie through their teeth! I hate when guy like to brag about their lure, or fish but you never see any pics why even post on here if your not going to show pictures of the fish. How come what your 200 + lb Ahi not even 175 lb :rofl:

No say you get some monster fish or one killer lure and not show um. Just say nothing! Thanks to all the real Hawaiian BD'er who share their prize catch's and lures. Much Mahalos:hali_olutta:

5. molokaipake

molokaipake Newbie

Name:
    capt clay
    Boat:
    24 foot power catamaran, "Hallelujah Hou", 18 foot Prima Sea flatsboat, "Keu" for flyfishing
    I remember when I was younger, my kupuna would always tell me, "Boy, if you no can say something nice, then no say nothing at all".

If you want someone to be a friend then you have to be a friend to them. Just remember that "pride" is the factor when "stretching" the truth regarding how big or how many. "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall", what you give is what comes around to bite you in the butt.

Stay honest, you will never be sorry, it always comes back to bless you in the long run. There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

Now, go catch some killah Ahi, tight lines......<><

6. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    Capt don and Capt archer come to my mind in this regard

7. beauchat

beauchat Newbie

Name:
    Russ
    Boat:
    17 Radon
    I dont think honesty is the key to successful fishing. But honesty can mean the different between being a cool guy and a d*ckhead. If ur gonna lie about information to me, i'd rather u not say anything at all than point me in the wrong direction.

8. grander007

grander007 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    zzzz
    Boat:
    46, Bertram, Deep Blue
    'where'd you catch that'...[pointing] 'over there'...'thanks'...:waglleybooty:

Tight lines,

9. East Side

East Side Certified Masterb8er

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    23' Custom, Caroline II
    Yep i agree. & for example a couple year back outta Kaneohe...i forget like was 05'? Had that massive Ahi pile way outside & a big group of the guys that knew the location were speaking over the radio in code. Everyone else was just searching for um the hard way.

Funny too cause you can go down to the washoff anyday of the week & find yourself some of these dickheads. We all know how it is. Some of the best fishermen are the ones that don't say anything though..hush hush. Low key kine.

Thats the best way to be IMO but if someone asks i not going lie....i just going say i was trolling the 3 mile limit :rofl:.

10. beauchat

beauchat Newbie

Name:
    Russ
    Boat:
    17 Radon
    I agree, some of the good guys i know are hush hush, cant fault em for that esp when their livelihood is on the line. Cuz im not that good I tell people like it is and hope i get the same in return, lol.

11. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    It's all good to be hush hush, I just think if someone is going to put in the time, effort and money into fishing you shouldn't steer them in the wrong direction. If you don't want to tell someone where you caught and what you caught on, don't lie just to give someone a response, i'm sure NO ONE wants to be given misleading or false information. So bottom line is just be honest!

--
    Thanks,
    JB

12. deezo_fish

deezo_fish Newbie

Name:
    james
    Boat:
    DEADLY BOATS
    IMO. I don't think any man out there owes another tips on where the fish are at. I also don't think that catching a few big fish decides this either. There are so many types of fishing techniques. There are so many different types of people and walks of life who fish... Anyone with a boat can go out there and drag around some lures. All you need is gas and a boat? Nowadays, here are so many new fishermen trying there luck. Sooooo many sports fishermen are out there competing with men who use fishing to stay alive and feed their families. There are so many reasons why fishermen keeptheir favorite spots. It's not being selfish. The ocean is HUGE!!! The fish are everywhere!!!!! Go find um!!! The only person you can count on is yourself. Even your best friend will one day keep a spot to his own. It's always nice talking story at the washdown. But most of it is BS and there's no problem with that. Talk shit, wash boat it's just part of being a fishermen. Talk stories and stick to your gameplan. Every man knows his own.. With that....
    Get back out there and fish.