Mr Main22

Shoot em & cook em
Apr 18, 2014
Open Ocean
Name
BajaLifeStyle
Boat
Parker 21
Hey guys, repowering my boat with a new motor. Finally decided to pull the trigger.

I have a Honda 225 that will be available after the 23rd of this month. Motor has about 770 hours and is a 2002 model. Motor runs great but has one fault and I’m being completely transparent about. It has the infamous Honda crank shaft seal oil leak when motor is tilted up. This leaks very slowly. For this reason I will be selling the motor for a great price and encourage any handy people to get the seal redone. Motor will come with a few parts I have laying around for it.

Included will be all gauges, binnacle, prop and the obvious motor. I’m letting it go for $3k I have pictures and video of motor running well, I just got back from multiple Cortez trips this past fall. Please PM me if you’re interested in this motor.

No tire kickers. Please.
Steering system not included.

4663F4F2-64BD-4ACE-A1A2-C67789C91F21.jpeg

AE69E4E9-401F-4452-AE0B-7E6AEE00AF72.jpeg

1551FA72-7805-4911-AB95-97BC41511DCB.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I know a young kid that maybe interested. Forwarding the link. Looks like the fix is a head removal and may as well change the oil pump . Such low hours. Nice

Upvote 0

Mr Main22

Shoot em & cook em
Apr 18, 2014
Open Ocean
Name
BajaLifeStyle
Boat
Parker 21
I know a young kid that maybe interested. Forwarding the link. Looks like the fix is a head removal and may as well change the oil pump . Such low hours. Nice

From my multiple phone calls and research it’s the crank shaft seal, it involves head removal and putting a new seal. I have no experience or tools to do this type of work and I was going to put another motor anyways this spring. Let me know

Reactions: aguachico
Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
from my multiple phone calls and research it’s the crank shaft seal, it involves head removal and putting a new seal on the crank shaft. I have no experience or tools to do this type of work and I was going to put another motor anyways this spring. Let me know

Yeah I have seen threads on this issue. I forwarded the link to my mechanics apprentice. Would be a perfect project at that price.

Upvote 0