fishnfool2

Chapo
May 18, 2010
IE menifee ca
Name
chapo
Boat
Outrider Sportfishing
Took my buddy fishing today shotover to La Jolla from Mission Bay around 6 a.m. we didn't have big expectations since we haven't really heard of anything going on there had some fresh dead squid did some rock fishing he managed to catch good size sheephead and some rockfish around 10 o'clock we see all the birds diving call the bottom to the surface iron and Bam he's hooked up nice yellow in the 20# I got skunked but he had a blast
20161125_112605.jpg

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Took my buddy fishing today shotover to La Jolla from Mission Bay around 6 a.m. we didn't have big expectations since we haven't really heard of anything going on there had some fresh dead squid did some rock fishing he managed to catch good size sheephead and some rockfish around 10 o'clock we see all the birds diving call the bottom to the surface iron and Bam he's hooked up nice yellow in the 20# I got skunked but he had a blastView attachment 804941
that's Sweet

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Atta Boys! :food-smil

Reactions: fishnfool2
Upvote 0

captainsdc

Apr 19, 2011
San Jose del Cabo
Name
Scott
Boat
Shopping for something else
I got hammered and broke off there the other day winding up off after a drift thru the lobster trap forest. Had to be one of those guys. Funny thing about it was my wife asking if there was enough line on the reel[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fishnfool2
Upvote 0

fishnfool2

Chapo
May 18, 2010
IE menifee ca
Name
chapo
Boat
Outrider Sportfishing
I got hammered and broke off there the other day winding up off after a drift thru the lobster trap forest. Had to be one of those guys. Funny thing about it was my wife asking if there was enough line on the reel[emoji15]

There's a lot of yellowtail there but no one is saying anything the boat next to us had a triple hook up

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Took my buddy fishing today shotover to La Jolla from Mission Bay around 6 a.m. we didn't have big expectations since we haven't really heard of anything going on there had some fresh dead squid did some rock fishing he managed to catch good size sheephead and some rockfish around 10 o'clock we see all the birds diving call the bottom to the surface iron and Bam he's hooked up nice yellow in the 20# I got skunked but he had a blastView attachment 804941

Sashimi Yellowtail sounds really good about now.
Man the belly meat on a fish with <5% body fat is amazing.

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
:appl:

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
That works!
Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

fishnfool2

Chapo
May 18, 2010
IE menifee ca
Name
chapo
Boat
Outrider Sportfishing
Maybe I've never hooked a 35-45 # yellowtail so I couldn't tell you and about keeping our mouths shut I enjoyed catching fish and I appreciate when people let me know what's going on so I like to do the same that's just me though

Reactions: dorado50
Upvote 0