surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Buying fishing tackle is the exact same mental game that women go through in shoe & clothes stores. You look at something and your imagination takes over and you SEE yourself in a situation, the perfect situation, and that item is exactly what you need for right then. I bugged my wife (now 51 years) a long time ago about going into ANOTHER shoe store as we walked through a mall, and she just smiled and said, "Tackle box," and I was smart enough to just shut up.

John Stidman

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 29, 2018
    Baketsfield ca
    Name
    John Stidman
    Boat Name
    26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
    Yeah, thanks. That and my phone camera sucks lol. But there's so much unused new stuff here I feel guilty. I told the guy this morning that there was way too much stuff fir $100 and offered another and he said no. He was about to donate it or throw it away. He's. Clean freak kinda guy. Didn't want them boxes in his showroom garage lol. Was very happy it's gone and his son can get more fly gear. Lol.
    LOL I can tell how excited you were with half the pics being all out of focus.

Reactions: Pjstevko
    Upvote 0

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
    Apr 6, 2010
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat Name
    20' Tiara Pursuit
    That dude had issues! Godspeed.

Nice score, I second the donation thing once you've sorted out what you want.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Buying fishing tackle is the exact same mental game that women go through in shoe & clothes stores. You look at something and your imagination takes over and you SEE yourself in a situation, the perfect situation, and that item is exactly what you need for right then. I bugged my wife (now 51 years) a long time ago about going into ANOTHER shoe store as we walked through a mall, and she just smiled and said, "Tackle box," and I was smart enough to just shut up.
    YEP but why is it women always get a bigger closet for all their clothes and shoes????

Reactions: surfgoose
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    YEP but why is it women always get a bigger closet for all their clothes and shoes????
    Men get the garage. We win! I have a LOT more seldom-used and never-used stuff than my wife. I even have the box of fishing reels in the bottom of the bedroom closet -- no hot garage for MY reels!

Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Men get the garage. We win! I have a LOT more seldom-used and never-used stuff than my wife. I even have the box of fishing reels in the bottom of the bedroom closet -- no hot garage for MY reels!
    Likely most married the case=the garage. LOL
    That often leads to buying more and more tackle though.

Reactions: surfgoose
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Well John got a helluva lot of tackle for $100.
    Wait until he shops for the TuffShed to store it
    all LOL LOL
    60318-0001.jpg

Upvote 0

John Stidman

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 29, 2018
    Baketsfield ca
    Name
    John Stidman
    Boat Name
    26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
    THAT'S TACKLE LUNACY!!! What a haul. LOL
    Yeah, fir $100 bucks I'm not even gonna complain. Lol. That's just bass plastics, lures, spinner baits, crank baits ect in the floor there's still bags of gamagatsu hooks, tons egg sinkers, split shots, drop shot weights, lots crappies stuff, trout spinners and lots treble hooks but smaller sizes. Plus couple nice bags and tackle boxes. Crawdad trap, and new penn 114 senator and half dozen tuna zukes. And other stuff.

Upvote 0

martin3

Captain
  • Sep 6, 2012
    Bellflower, CA
    Name
    Martin
    Boat Name
    19 Arima Sea Ranger w/ Skiptop
    All that tackle......what a score. Wow.

I kept looking at the kitchen tile counters, exact same as my house.
    I thought I was the only one still rocking that white square tile counters!

Upvote 0