@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
I tried to get one of those phones where you tell the phone what to do. The guy told me it wasn't available for my carrier; Consumer Cellular....I haven't even set- up my answering machine errrrr voicemail because I'm not planning on keeping it.

When somebody sends me a text instead of calling me like an adult I have to go through like 5 functions to find it as opposed to it being right there.

That being said, the only way for me to get a message currently is to find the text on there later. As things stand I have almost no chance of answering a call on the thing by pushing buttons and sliding my thumb on the screen correctly before it goes to my non-existent voice mail.:1041677399:

I'm paying more for something that is more frustrating and less practical for me.
I'm either at home, work, hunting or fishing 99% of the time.

Home and work have computers. When I'm hunting I usually leave it in the truck, but do sometimes use it when I'm duck hunting and i have buddies hunting nearby and want to share info, talk smack. Flip phone is preferable for this as it fits in my pocket better and I can use it with one hand while my other holds my gun, or rod Fishing, I usually don't have reception even if I'm not actually busy with a rod in my hand. I am known to go in the water with my phone in my pocket on occasion though. Replacement flip phone = $20 WINNING.

:nopity:

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
I sent his phone# to Saluki. :D
He and I actually send each other antagonistic texts on a regular basis......Last night he sent me one after the game predicting the Cubs would beat the Padres in the playoffs....I told him I couldn't make the series as I would be busy catching more wahoo, so I sent my front row tickets to Bartmann and Tues.

Reactions: One_Leg

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I tried to get one of those phones where you tell the phone what to do. The guy told me it wasn't available for my carrier; Consumer Cellular....I haven't even set- up my answering machine errrrr voicemail because I'm not planning on keeping it.

When somebody sends me a text instead of calling me like an adult I have to go through like 5 functions to find it as opposed to it being right there.

That being said, the only way for me to get a message currently is to find the text on there later. As things stand I have almost no chance of answering a call on the thing by pushing buttons and sliding my thumb on the screen correctly before it goes to my non-existent voice mail.:1041677399:

I'm paying more for something that is more frustrating and less practical for me.

Home and work have computers. When I'm hunting I usually leave it in the truck, but do sometimes use it when I'm duck hunting and i have buddies hunting nearby and want to share info, talk smack. Flip phone is preferable for this as it fits in my pocket better and I can use it with one hand while my other holds m,y gun, or rod Fishing, I usually don't have reception even if I'm not actually busy with a rod in my hand. I am known to go in the water with my phone in my pocket on occasion though. Replacement flip phone = $20 WINNING.
I'm with you Carl I had no problem using my flip phone, till one day mine fell out of my pocket and split
in half, so I put a piece of duct take on it and it worked fine for a while then the screen went out
so I pick up a I Phone 4 , it took me a few days and now I'm getting used to it, the biggest thing is
tap the button's don't just push on it, hope that helps

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
I can use it with one hand while my other holds my rod.

Don't give up just yet, you're already half way through the learning curve. Now hit the little microphone icon and say "Siri....find Redtube" :D

Reactions: cacahuates

MJB

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Your mangina is showing Carl......if you can work the F&W software you can handle a smartass phone

nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
poor snarl e.

Since Gil Marlin hasn't dialed in yet, here's something to tide you over till he does:

Q. What does Snarl E. call his old flip phone?
A. A dead ringer

Q: What happens if you download the Princess Diana screensaver application?
A: Your phone will keep crashing!

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Yourself.
Yourself who?
Your cell phone’s ringing you better answer it.

Reactions: marlyn

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff

Home and work have computers. When I'm hunting I usually leave it in the truck, but do sometimes use it when I'm duck hunting and i have buddies hunting nearby and want to share info, talk smack. Flip phone is preferable for this as it fits in my pocket better and I can use it with one hand while my other holds my gun, or rod Fishing, I usually don't have reception even if I'm not actually busy with a rod in my hand. I am known to go in the water with my phone in my pocket on occasion though. Replacement flip phone = $20 WINNING.
:rofl:

Texlee

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 3, 2012
Vernon, Texas, USA
Name
Alben Lee
Boat
Excel
there simple smart phones, (iphone) then there are complicated smart phones (androids)
I'm throwing that POS in the water and going back to the flip. What a PITA. :finger:

Flip open phone, dial=done.

Once i finally get to the phone function, using two hands with that piece of shit I hit the wrong button like 5 times while trying to dial :madfire:

I don't need all that other shit. I know where I'm going before i leave. You asshats with your gps and shit almost kill me twice a day swerving into my lane while i try to cruise to work or fish. I had somebody the other day stop in the middle of the road and try to figure out which fork to take on their gizmo..:zelfmoord I drive about 5 miles a day and need to wear a fucking helmet to go to the corner store.......

When I become Divine Holy Emperor shit is gonna change.

Yes I needed to vent....:D

I have to agree Carl. My old cell had a rotary dial. Wife said lets get new fones. Upgrade. I said ok I guess. iPhone 5. fucker has got more buttons (icons is guess is what you call them) than a space ship. My dam fingers are so big I have to carry around a rubber tipped pen. Dam thing makes noises all the time. Bling. Bling. I asked wife what the hell does it make these blinging noises? Its your facebook account. its messages coming in.I don't have a facebook account. she said you do now. From time to time i'll poke my way into the facebook icon and delete all the messages. I don't do facebook. Nothing but drama. When I unlock it to try and dial a fone number, I get a pop up that says connect to icloud. What the fuck is icloud? now lets get into texting. I try to send a text. fucker changes my words automatically. only enjoyment I get our of my iphone is talking trash to siri.
i'll ask her "you wanna fuck?" She says "your making me blush"

Reactions: plj46

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I have to agree Carl. My old cell had a rotary dial. Wife said lets get new fones. Upgrade. I said ok I guess. iPhone 5. fucker has got more buttons (icons is guess is what you call them) than a space ship. My dam fingers are so big I have to carry around a rubber tipped pen. Dam thing makes noises all the time. Bling. Bling. I asked wife what the hell does it make these blinging noises? Its your facebook account. its messages coming in.I don't have a facebook account. she said you do now. From time to time i'll poke my way into the facebook icon and delete all the messages. I don't do facebook. Nothing but drama. When I unlock it to try and dial a fone number, I get a pop up that says connect to icloud. What the fuck is icloud? now lets get into texting. I try to send a text. fucker changes my words automatically. only enjoyment I get our of my iphone is talking trash to siri.
i'll ask her "you wanna fuck?" She says "your making me blush"
LOL ok that's pretty damn funny!! LOL LOL

The unknown fisherman:p:

MJB

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
How do you guys work your TV or computer.......the iPhone is much easier