Hogfish and much more caught in 190 feet of water.

DeeDee

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 18, 2012
tampa/Fl/Hillsborough
Name
Harbison
Boat
Florida Fisherman
The Hogfish is a species of wrasse (not snapper) native to the Western Atlantic Ocean, living in a range from Nova Scotia, Canada, to northern South America, including the Gulf of Mexico. Juvenile Hogfish start out as female and then become male as they mature. Hogfish can be found rooting for crustaceans on ledges, reefs and wrecks in Gulf waters from 30 to 130 foot depths. Hogfish are extremely leader-shy and are hard to catch on hook & line. Shrimp is by far the bait of choice.

To catch a Hogfish in 190 feet of water is very rare.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 6 AM, the Florida Fisherman II returns from a 39 hour Red Snapper/Gag Grouper trip with a Hogfish and much more.

Let's take a look:

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    The Hogfish is a species of wrasse (not snapper) native to the Western Atlantic Ocean, living in a range from Nova Scotia, Canada, to northern South America, including the Gulf of Mexico. Juvenile Hogfish start out as female and then become male as they mature. Hogfish can be found rooting for crustaceans on ledges, reefs and wrecks in Gulf waters from 30 to 130 foot depths. Hogfish are extremely leader-shy and are hard to catch on hook & line. Shrimp is by far the bait of choice.

To catch a Hogfish in 190 feet of water is very rare.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 6 AM, the Florida Fisherman II returns from a 39 hour Red Snapper/Gag Grouper trip with a Hogfish and much more.

Let's take a look:

👍

Upvote 0

Latest posts