Hobie Powerskiff. SOLD

Christianbrat

Mar 27, 2019
Redwood City
Name
Christian Filloux
Boat
Hobie Powerskiff, Arima SE16
I have a 1985 Hobie Powerskiff Deluxe I'd like to sell. I just bought a bigger boat because my family has started fishing with me, but I can only store one.

I'm located in the SF Bay Area.

The boat was bought last year and I had spent about 2 years looking for one in good condition that hadn't been torn apart.

It has been repowered with a 2003 Mercury 40 EFI 4 Stroke with 1050 hours. It is electric start, and electric trim and tilt (completely functional and spotless) The engine has been meticulously maintained and is getting new oil every 100 hours and yearly lower end lube replacement and impellers as needed. I have recently done plugs, oil, filters, thermostat, gaskets, oil switch, fuel lines and connectors, put a brand new Turning Point brand prop and hub, a brand new starter oem motor, and a brand new Vessel View. I have added sensors to make the engine smartcraft enabled for RPM, Temp, Oil Pressure, Voltage, and Fuel burn rates (its fuel injected so I get exact feedback from the engine)

Boat gets 34MPH with one person and gear at 5900 RPM and i get around 5400 fully loaded with 4 people and a bunch of camping gear. Cruise is a nice 24mph.

2 6 gal gas tanks under the seat and 2 brand new batteries under the console on a perko switch. One group 27 and one Group 31 (both 4 months old). you could take this boat to the islands and back no problem.

It has a brand new (march) Garmin Echomap 63CV with BluechartsG3 and a GT23M chirp Transducer. Clear readings all the way to WOT.

The boat is 35 years old, but the gelcoat is not in horrible shape. there is some crazing around the rub rail and hatch hinges, but everything is solid. Transom has 0 flex and no water intrusion, and the Deck is Nydacore so there is no wood in it to rot. All the foam inside is dry as well. It has been cleaned after every use and trailer, engine, and boat is always fresh water flushed.

It has a west marine VHF mounted on it that works, but the screen light flickers on and off.

The trailer is a 1997 EZ Loader that i just used to tow the boat to shasta and back from SF with 0 problems at all. It too has been cared for. The boat is always stored on the trailer under cover, not in the water. This was upgraded by the previous owner.

Thanks,
Christian

20200802_171822.jpg

20200726_052058.jpg

20200730_102039.jpg

20200722_110058.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0