Ho`olaule`a 2012

Discussion in 'Home Built Fishing Lures' started by rjakana, Feb 1, 2012.

1. rjakana

rjakana Newbie

Name:
    Ron Akana
    Boat:
    None
    The Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus on Oahu has an annual Ho`olaule`a event (Saturday February 25, 2012)which raises funds for student activities. If the band or a school club goes on a trip or if there's a class event, part of the trip or class event gets subsidized by the proceeds of this annual event.

This year I decided to make a few lures and donate it to the Silent Auction which is part of Ho`olaule`a 2012. I asked some luremaker friends who I knew and who I didn't know (at the time) if they'd help me out by donating a couple of lures. The response I received was both overwhelming and humbling.

Here's some pics of what will be auctioned off at the Ho`olaule`a on Saturday February 25, 2012.

Sorry but I'm too "lolo" to figure out how to put the luremaker names above each pic. In order - Bahama Lures, mine, Coggin Lures, Futa Lures, Gaji Lures, Tsutomu Lures.

Some lures featured you will not find in stores as the luremakers specifically made them for this event.

I also received a donation of a gyotaku print featuring 2 omilu by an "anonymous" gyotaku artist......

I'm inviting all the fishing lure enthusiasts out there to come out, enjoy the food and entertainment, and make a bid on some of these proven fish catchers. As auctions go, you might just get a GREAT DEAL.....but regardless of that.... EVERYONE "WINS".

Mark your calendars.....Saturday, February 25, 2012 at the Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus on Oahu.

My sincerest aloha and mahalo to Alan, Steve, Garrett, Allan, and Dave.....you guys da best!

Aloha,
    ron

Attached Files:

2. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    Right on Ron! Your generosity to that school on the hillside of Kapalama Heights, no doubt will help the cause of this years Ho'olau lea! As I mentioned, many can put out the call for help but, how many will answer? Seems like everyone answered and then some, due to you being the good person that you are!
    Good luck with the event!
    Aloha!

3. STEVE COGGIN

STEVE COGGIN Newbie

Name:
    STEVE
    Boat:
    REINELL 22 '
    Well said Alan.

4. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    Very nice gesture by all of you guys. you should post this over at the other place.

5. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    you should also post this in the hawaii section, i don't think alot of the guys from the hawaii board cruise the other parts of bd.

6. fishhawaii

fishhawaii Newbie

7. rjakana

rjakana Newbie

Name:
    Ron Akana
    Boat:
    None
    Just to provide a little more information........there's gonna be free shuttles from various parking lots in Kalihi, I believe Kapalama Elementary, Honolulu Community College, and possibly Damien High School.

Get ready for summer and the arrival of the "yellow guys" and check out this event.

Fishing is SLOW NOW anyways so tell your wife/significant other "Eh.....wanna go to the Kamehameha Ho`olaule`a?" You can score "brownie points" with your other half while at the same time you can conveniently "check out" the Silent Auction.

Aloha for the support!

ron

8. rjakana

rjakana Newbie

Name:
    Ron Akana
    Boat:
    None
    Just a reminder for you guys on Oahu. If you dont have plans for this coming Saturday (8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.) please check out the Kamehameha Schools Ho`olaule`a! Food, Free entertainment, free shuttles from HCC, Damien High School, and Kapalama Elementary.

We've assembled 27 lures to bid on in the Silent Auction. Some of the lures for auction are PROVEN AHI KILLERS!

Aloha,
    ron

9. Sashimi hunter

Sashimi hunter Newbie

Name:
    N
    Boat:
    No Name
    I've been reading this forum for a short time now and saw the Ho'olaule'a post. I haven't been up to my alma mater in a while so decided to go this year. I wanted a lure with the logo for the eye. Didn't want to worry about not getting it so I just bought it outright. I also wanted to begin a gaji lure collection so I got the 5" lures. I went back to buy the one of the other gaji lures but someone bought it. Hopefully I'll get a set of gaji's soon. I also ended up getting some futa lures also. I believe my friend bought a bunch also. I don't get to take my boat out fishing very often but I try to when time permits. Mahalo Ron for helping organize this and mahalo to the lure makers that donated to make it a success.
    Aloha

10. rjakana

rjakana Newbie

Name:
    Ron Akana
    Boat:
    None
    Aloha Nolan. So you da guy who picked up THAT LURE first thing in the morning! That's the one I wanted to put up with my others in my lure "collection".

You and this other guy "Jon" scored some real bargains.......

Mahalo again!

ron

11. Sashimi hunter

Sashimi hunter Newbie

Name:
    N
    Boat:
    No Name
    Yeah I know John really well. We actually work together . It was funny cause we were bidding against each other. He just wanted to buy them and said I could use them if I wanted.