Hmmmm....Fall trout in Colorado or YFT? (is that even a question?)

freedivr2

Freedivr2
Aug 5, 2003
Redondo Beach, Calif
Visit site
Name
Myke
Boat
13 foot Whaler, 50Hp Johnson
Well, been fishing nothing but Trout since we moved to Colorado in 2015. Gotta tell ya guys, that gets old after awhile and you gotta refresh your soul I guess it is, with some REAL frickin fun fishing every now and then. At least those of us who have So. Cal ocean fishing in our blood. I worked on a couple of Charter boats out of San Pedro back in the 60s and have fished Tuna out of San Diego ever since I can remember. Up until we moved here to Colorado that is, and I sure miss that part of California for sure. SOOOOOOOOOOOO..... wild hair time, been watching the reports since the hurricane went thru Cabo and the YFT counts are up, Dorado as well this past week, great news. So I got new line, greased the reels, got some tackle together and am flying out tomorrow and catching a ride mid week on the Producer out of H & M. And I can't wait!!!! I have one question, I'm not familiar with this boat, but it's been doing pretty good lately on counts. Any good intel on this boat and skipper? My fingers are crossed and heart pumping...., totally looking forward to a tuna on the line instead of a rainbow trout for a change. Here's my last Yellowfin (Gordo banks a decade ago). Good luck and Tight lines fellas!!!
IMG_0184.JPG

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Producer is a "fishy" boat, good skipper. Frank Brenha Knows the tuna grounds, good counts.
    I'm told I caught the latest ever bait caught 2 Albacore, Mid November on Producer. Quite a surprise.
    I remember it was cold as hell, winter like when we got in. LOL.
    GO GETTUM. You need
    some time on the Ocean again! LOL

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I'd rather fly fish for trout now that deal with the fluster Cluck of sport boats.

Reactions: Eye Problem
    Upvote 0