Hit the Vine...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by gerk, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gerk

gerk The GERK!

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Green Submarine
    Launced about 7:30am - (give all those in a rush plenty of time...)
    Set up troll towards West shore - did a couple of laps with Mira shad, firetiger rap, frog needle and Taz... - got first fish while making turnaround near dam - needle fish 1.5 colors moved out towards middle of lake and got one on Taz. took a lap down red cliffs towards crowd back in the flats - stayed away didn't want any part of the pack... marked numerous small schools in mouth of Santiago so started doing laps around there. TheTaz got 7, needle 1, fire tiger 1- humm - Only started using them in So. Cal this year. The hot colors were White with Pink spots, and sort of fire tiger colors in stripes Ended up with 9 fish from 1.5 to 2.5lbs for 2 of us.
    The lightest fish in the money was 2lbs 14oz. Later at cleaning station guy brings up a 12lb fish - but wasn't in the tourney.... :rofl: !:Bawling_e :zelfmoord
    All fish were healthy fully finned fish fought good - Awesome weather and not too bad of a crowd.... There's Plenty of fish to be had...

Steve - Aka the GERK!:jig:

2. Kayondaway

Kayondaway Newbie

Name:
    El KooKooey
    Boat:
    sunk
    What is the vine?

3. CamHat

CamHat Newbie

Name:
    Cameron
    Boat:
    Float Tube
    Irvine Lake

4. Kayondaway

Kayondaway Newbie

Name:
    El KooKooey
    Boat:
    sunk
    Oh, OK. Just never really fished trout before and never been there. Thanks.

5. kelpbass_kid

kelpbass_kid Salvay Pacific

Name:
    Evan
    Boat:
    29 ft. Crystaliner "Hawk", 22 ft. Ranger Bahia 220 "RazeRanger"
    Great report Steve. Good to see you getting some nice fish!

6. big steve

big steve Member

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    2100 cc polar
    nice! im going up to the lake fri to try for the big kitties!

7. Father Ken

Father Ken Douchepickle

Name:
    notnek
    Boat:
    nothing
    Taz ..... #1 selling lure in Australia . Has to be good . When i saw those lures in my Cabelas catalog , I thought, bizzare looking . That is what is fun for me about trolling , lure collecting, ya never know what is gonna work . Thanks for the report .

8. gerk

gerk The GERK!

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Green Submarine
    Birdman - we were turned on to them :-)madfire: ) a couple of years ago by a guy who uses The larger ones for Browns....! Yep... the elusive ones. We've had pretty good success with them up in the Sierra. they also work good on the rainbows... I stock them in my shop, and Jimmy just got a few of them at the Irvine's tackle shop too. My shop is:
    Fisherman's Hardware in Long Beach - Savon Tackle has them also (what doesn't Savon have??)
    See ya on the water....
    steve - aka the GERK :jig::profile::profile:

9. Father Ken

Father Ken Douchepickle

Name:
    notnek
    Boat:
    nothing
    Thanks again for the 411 Gerk . I have been in your store a few times back in the day . Great shop . Maybe I will stop by after the FH Show this year and get a sammy at Joe Jost's as well .

I lived in Long Beach in the 90's while I was in college at LBCC and LBState . I was impressed back then how much stuff was crammed into your shop for fresh and salt . Although, I was usually just buying grubs and lead heads back then . Fishing for me was dock hopping for spotties in Alamitos Bay after classes . I do remember getting some freshwater stuff for one of the many Sierra backpacking trips i did in college . That is all we could afford .

We had several cheap appartments off of Ximeno Ave . , Obispo Ave . , Orizaba Ave . , ... All great area's ...LOL

Moved to Seal Beach post grad to get out of the hood . I witnessed the Rodney King riots first hand . Crazy shit .

Anyhow , sorry for digressing . Thanks again for the lure 411 . My collection is going to have to get bigger now . :picknose: