gerk

The GERK!
Nov 18, 2003
So. Bay
Name
Steve
Boat
Green Submarine
Launced about 7:30am - (give all those in a rush plenty of time...)
Set up troll towards West shore - did a couple of laps with Mira shad, firetiger rap, frog needle and Taz... - got first fish while making turnaround near dam - needle fish 1.5 colors moved out towards middle of lake and got one on Taz. took a lap down red cliffs towards crowd back in the flats - stayed away didn't want any part of the pack... marked numerous small schools in mouth of Santiago so started doing laps around there. TheTaz got 7, needle 1, fire tiger 1- humm - Only started using them in So. Cal this year. The hot colors were White with Pink spots, and sort of fire tiger colors in stripes Ended up with 9 fish from 1.5 to 2.5lbs for 2 of us.
The lightest fish in the money was 2lbs 14oz. Later at cleaning station guy brings up a 12lb fish - but wasn't in the tourney.... :rofl: !:Bawling_e :zelfmoord
All fish were healthy fully finned fish fought good - Awesome weather and not too bad of a crowd.... There's Plenty of fish to be had...

Steve - Aka the GERK!:jig:

kelpbass_kid

Salvay Pacific
Oct 6, 2006
SCI
Name
Evan
Boat
29 ft. Crystaliner "Hawk", 22 ft. Ranger Bahia 220 "RazeRanger"
Great report Steve. Good to see you getting some nice fish!

Father Ken

Douchepickle
Apr 20, 2004
original
Name
notnek
Boat
nothing
Taz ..... #1 selling lure in Australia . Has to be good . When i saw those lures in my Cabelas catalog , I thought, bizzare looking . That is what is fun for me about trolling , lure collecting, ya never know what is gonna work . Thanks for the report .

gerk

The GERK!
Nov 18, 2003
So. Bay
Name
Steve
Boat
Green Submarine
Birdman - we were turned on to them :-)madfire: ) a couple of years ago by a guy who uses The larger ones for Browns....! Yep... the elusive ones. We've had pretty good success with them up in the Sierra. they also work good on the rainbows... I stock them in my shop, and Jimmy just got a few of them at the Irvine's tackle shop too. My shop is:
Fisherman's Hardware in Long Beach - Savon Tackle has them also (what doesn't Savon have??)
See ya on the water....
steve - aka the GERK :jig::profile::profile:

Father Ken

Douchepickle
Apr 20, 2004
original
Name
notnek
Boat
nothing
Thanks again for the 411 Gerk . I have been in your store a few times back in the day . Great shop . Maybe I will stop by after the FH Show this year and get a sammy at Joe Jost's as well .

I lived in Long Beach in the 90's while I was in college at LBCC and LBState . I was impressed back then how much stuff was crammed into your shop for fresh and salt . Although, I was usually just buying grubs and lead heads back then . Fishing for me was dock hopping for spotties in Alamitos Bay after classes . I do remember getting some freshwater stuff for one of the many Sierra backpacking trips i did in college . That is all we could afford .

We had several cheap appartments off of Ximeno Ave . , Obispo Ave . , Orizaba Ave . , ... All great area's ...LOL

Moved to Seal Beach post grad to get out of the hood . I witnessed the Rodney King riots first hand . Crazy shit .

Anyhow , sorry for digressing . Thanks again for the lure 411 . My collection is going to have to get bigger now . :picknose: