HIGH PITCH SOUND EMITTER

Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
hola,

years ago in popular mechanics, there was a device that you plug in and it emits high frequency sounds to repel rats, mice, wild animals, etc.

i want to use one to keep dogs off my property without injuring them.

same for my neighbors constant barking dog. I just want to send him to the other side of their house so i won't hear him.

not blaming the dogs, just the dumb owners.

any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

i thank you in advance,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
After listening to my neighbors 4 dogs bark at everything and anything all day long while they are at work and the dogs are left outside, I bought a dog whistle. Now, when my neighbors come home and bring the dogs inside, I wait until late at night when everyone's cozy and warm and then light the dogs up and wake their entire household...:rofl:

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I tried a sound emitter bought at the pet store,about 80 bucks.It worked for about a week then the neighbors dogs didnt seem to be affected by it.I found the best solution was to yell "shut the fuck up" at the top of my lungs and then slam the door real hard,its been working for awhile now.

Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
get a motion sensing light fixture and put black tape over the light sensor so it will work 24/7..... then instead of it sending 120v to the lightbulb connect those wires to a 24v transformer.... then connect the transformer to the automatic sprinkler valve..... Now anytime something sets off the motion sensor they'll get soaked.....

You can adjust for your neighbors dogs as needed.....

Reactions: tunafin
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Those things don't work on my dog it just pisses him off more.......lmao....

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
Thanks for your suggestions.

i'm not very handy so i can't do the transformer thing. BUT, i will email it to my son and maybe he can figure it out.

regarding the dog whistle, is that something that is of a frequency that humans can't hear it ? i don't want to disturb all my other neighbors.

PLEASE, keep 'em coming. i thank you in advance.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
the neighbors are not very friendly but, over the past two years, i have filed complaints with the animal shelter people and they have sent out letters. it gets better for about a week or two and then it starts up again.

just the other day, i started a new tactic.

as dogs have fantastic noses, when the dog barks for no apparent reason, i spray a spritz of ammonia in the air, not at the dog. he goes to the other side of their house.

after they take him in in the evening, i spray the front and side areas.

so far, it has worked and i don't think i leave enough residue for the owners to be able to smell.

i have no intention of hurting the dog.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Upvote 0

Nick

215cc Triumph
Aug 4, 2004
san diego
www.sandiegoanglers.com
Name
Nick
Boat
bad habit
There are bark control devices available at your local pet store. I have the one with the large cone on the front. Works well until the batteries die. The small dog on the other side, won't event come out of the doggy door any more!

Upvote 0