Hi all, new poster (and some fishy art)

marmot

Aug 4, 2022
BC Canada
Name
Adam
Hey all first post. Long time lurker, I love every kind of fishing, especially land based. From BC so a lot of my fishing is on the fly, but I love to sling gear too. Planning on doing a ton of fishing in Costa Rica in the coming years if health allows :) My other passion is painting, here’s some of my work
8B04F062-9C83-4E42-9AE7-C296E6EB5BC4.jpeg

69FC8CDD-DFE2-4064-9397-08C8E4F851FA.jpeg

BB213D10-5FAA-41EA-BB5C-CCDFEDFE190F.jpeg

Tifoso

CA Halibut,DoDos,YT,Albies,Rockfish,Lings,Crappie
  • Jul 25, 2016
    norCal (central valley)
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Lou
    Boat Name
    🚤
    Thanks guys, my wife keeps asking me to paint something other than fishing stuff, but gotta stick to what inspires you :)
    Do you paint fish also?

Reactions: marmot
    Upvote 0

marmot

Aug 4, 2022
    BC Canada
    Name
    Adam
    Do you paint fish also?
    I have a series of fish "eye" images- I'm planning 3 and I have one done so far (omilu)...next one is shibi, a kayak angler from Hawaii sent me a killer image of his catches eye..just gorgeous, so that's next up. I also have a brook trout painting I did, it's just the side of the fish. That one's on my insta account (adamdbk) As far as fish go I will definitely be painting some. I have a soft spot for wahoo so that will likely be the first...we'll see though!
    I'm doing a costa rica trip this december where I hope to shoot lots of reference photos ;)

Reactions: Tifoso and 7emptsT
    Upvote 0

marmot

Aug 4, 2022
    BC Canada
    Name
    Adam
    Your paintings are seriously good. Have you looked into entering your local fairs? I bet you would make state easy.
    Thanks !! I appreciate it :) I'm up in British Columbia- we have a big open air art exhibit every year here but I didn't make the deadline this year, I will for sure try next year though. There is another local one I'm going to try to get into, we have a pretty decent local art scene here that I should really try to get into. Cheers

Reactions: 7emptsT
    Upvote 0

Tifoso

CA Halibut,DoDos,YT,Albies,Rockfish,Lings,Crappie
  • Jul 25, 2016
    norCal (central valley)
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Lou
    Boat Name
    🚤
    I have a series of fish "eye" images- I'm planning 3 and I have one done so far (omilu)...next one is shibi, a kayak angler from Hawaii sent me a killer image of his catches eye..just gorgeous, so that's next up. I also have a brook trout painting I did, it's just the side of the fish. That one's on my insta account (adamdbk) As far as fish go I will definitely be painting some. I have a soft spot for wahoo so that will likely be the first...we'll see though!
    I'm doing a costa rica trip this december where I hope to shoot lots of reference photos ;)
    If you ever do a dorado, please let me know!

Reactions: marmot and 4tunate
    Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat Name
    uh....
    Where about in BC are you? I have a friend that lives in Colwood (Victoria), and one of our Skipjack guys is in Nanaimo, both on the island.

Upvote 0

marmot

Aug 4, 2022
    BC Canada
    Name
    Adam
    Where about in BC are you? I have a friend that lives in Colwood (Victoria), and one of our Skipjack guys is in Nanaimo, both on the island.
    I'm in Kelowna, in the Okanagan but lived in Victoria when I was a kid. We have family friends in Colwood..I've done a ton of fishing out that way. Here in the interior it's mostly rainbow trout, but they are nice ones!

Reactions: Arima-bob
    Upvote 0