skrilla

allirks
May 26, 2006
San Diego
Name
Len
Boat
plastic fantastic
They are really overstepping their bounds alot right now,I heard sheriff villanueva in LA county got a nice little call from the US attorney for california after he ordered gun shops to close instructing him what he could and could not do,shops are back open while practicing social distancing.
They are trying to block everything without declaring martial law because that will start a panic not to mention be political suicide for newscum who could do it within state borders.
They cannot contain 40 million people for long before the crowds get restless.
Thank Chuck Michael and the CPRA. The gay LA sheriff essentially called the 2A a loophole. But weed shops are open. Conflict of interests. Think about it.

CCA where you at? :D

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
this won't be popular....... :rolleyes:

I just don't get the mindset of you guys who want to defy the state/county/city orders to stay home unless you have essential business. I am not liking this loss of personal freedom one bit, however.......there is very clear anecdotal evidence that the way to LIMIT the effects of this virus is........ahem, social distancing. KInd of like the parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids, but insist on sending them to public school. Where did that get us? Oh, right......

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
Pick a room.
Clear it out.
Put a tent in it ,(less aerosols in other areas of house because of confinement),and prepare for your child, wife,parents and love ones.
You will have to help them when ill.
Gloves, masks, eye protection and isolation diligently.
Trash bags can be used when close requirements arise.
Hole in the end and arm coverage when you need to interact with infected
love one.
we all are in this swamp now.
Get your Xtuffs on.

Also if your a pulmonologist, please study the infection rate of heavy :smoking33: .
Heard that the resin that lines the pulmonary tract, has helped in the reduction on the ability of pathogens to enter bronchi.

DR

1585190919236.png

Said so.

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
No, but it's smart Mike. And you are right. But the Trumpers, Cali Sux and the Hillary killed my dog crowd are going fucking beserk and still shouting it's a left wing conspiracy. The sane and reasonable people know it's some bad shit and we need to take the precautions that the medical/scientific community has told us is the best defense at this point. It sucks but lets see if it will ease up in a couple of weeks. I hope so.

ocsleeper

May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC

I just don't get the mindset of you guys who want to defy the state/county/city orders to stay home unless you have essential business. I am not liking this loss of personal freedom one bit, however.......there is very clear anecdotal evidence that the way to LIMIT the effects of this virus is........ahem, social distancing. KInd of like the parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids, but insist on sending them to public school. Where did that get us? Oh, right......
I have the privilege of working from home. The past week and a half, I have not left my house. This include my wife and two kids. Finally feeling too much cabin fever, we decided to take a drive up to Whittier in order to drive by my in laws so the kids can wave at their grand parents.

As I was leaving my house, I expected to see a ghost town like some of the pictures when the bay area first started the stay at home order.

Surprisingly, I did not see any of this. The streets were packed with cars, store parking lot looked packed as normal. In fact, everything looked pretty normal as if there if there had never been any orders to stay home. The freeway seem just a tad lighter as if it was a holiday.

It felt as though someone had played a joke on me to keep me in the house while the world continue to move along.

If we need the stay at home order to fight this pandemic, I don't think the majority of Californians are playing along.

Reactions: pacificscout

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
For what is worth , to borrow a phrase from one of our old members.
I have a real problem and was being screwed over by the city of San Diego and their contractors and I sent a detail PM to sherm asking if he could look into it and never received a response. So I don't think that he has time to respond to this or anything else that somebody needs it was a sad truth.

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
I called MB Lifeguard yesterday. Talked to the Chief or whatever the boss is called. He told me no boats going to sea from Mission Bay. They are blocking it.

I'm all but certain that's illegal. A channel is a federal water way.

I just want to go out and test some boat work and maybe halibut drift.

This is bullshit.

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
For what is worth , to borrow a phrase from one of our old members.
I have a real problem and was being screwed over by the city of San Diego and their contractors and I sent a detail PM to sherm asking if he could look into it and never received a response. So I don't think that he has time to respond to this or anything else that somebody needs it was a sad truth.
I talked with him. There is nothing that he or the City Council can do about the launch ramps in San Diego Bay. They are under the jurisdiction of the Port of San Diego.

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
I called MB Lifeguard yesterday. Talked to the Chief or whatever the boss is called. He told me no boats going to sea from Mission Bay. They are blocking it.

This is bullshit.
People with power love power. Give them a little more and they love it. They have to be careful as this is how revolts get started. If it gets too bad, then it turns to anarchy.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I talked with him. There is nothing that he or the City Council can do about the launch ramps in San Diego Bay. They are under the jurisdiction of the Port of San Diego.
well they did it so now what ??

MAG0121

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 28, 2015
Encinitas, CA
www.coastlaw.com
Name
Marco Gonzalez
Boat
Nah
No one, especially Americans, and especially those who partake of this ocean lifestyle, likes to see freedoms restricted. But we have to keep in perspective the fact that when you're out on the water, you are potentially creating the need for significant public resources. How many private boaters have Sea Tow policies? Are they expected to come rescue your ass when you're stuck out at the 9? And what if the knucklehead in the overpowered skiff decides to do something stupid and buzz you, but loses control and broadsides you? What if you start taking on water? Coast Guard to the rescue, please? Just have a look at this article about the emergency response required when someone just couldn't help themselves but go backcountry snowboarding when the resorts closed.

We spend countless hours cooped up in relatively small spaces on boats, staring out at the horizon, striking up conversations with like minded enthusiasts who we barely know. That's all this is. Get on a Zoom call or Facetime your buddy and chat about that last trip or the next one. Polish your hull. Bust out your reels and learn to service them yourself. Change out your topshots. Watch some videos. Buy some gear online.

Missing out on a few days, weeks, or even months of fishing isn't going to kill you. Hell, it might give you some perspective.

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
No one, especially Americans, and especially those who partake of this ocean lifestyle, likes to see freedoms restricted. But we have to keep in perspective the fact that when you're out on the water, you are potentially creating the need for significant public resources. How many private boaters have Sea Tow policies? Are they expected to come rescue your ass when you're stuck out at the 9? And what if the knucklehead in the overpowered skiff decides to do something stupid and buzz you, but loses control and broadsides you? What if you start taking on water? Coast Guard to the rescue, please? Just have a look at this article about the emergency response required when someone just couldn't help themselves but go backcountry snowboarding when the resorts closed.

We spend countless hours cooped up in relatively small spaces on boats, staring out at the horizon, striking up conversations with like minded enthusiasts who we barely know. That's all this is. Get on a Zoom call or Facetime your buddy and chat about that last trip or the next one. Polish your hull. Bust out your reels and learn to service them yourself. Change out your topshots. Watch some videos. Buy some gear online.

Missing out on a few days, weeks, or even months of fishing isn't going to kill you. Hell, it might give you some perspective.
Just imagine u are deep dropping and it's really slow....similar sittin around time without the crankin...

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Check the webcams to see live San Diego Bay.

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
I have the privilege of working from home. The past week and a half, I have not left my house. This include my wife and two kids. Finally feeling too much cabin fever, we decided to take a drive up to Whittier in order to drive by my in laws so the kids can wave at their grand parents.

As I was leaving my house, I expected to see a ghost town like some of the pictures when the bay area first started the stay at home order.

Surprisingly, I did not see any of this. The streets were packed with cars, store parking lot looked packed as normal. In fact, everything looked pretty normal as if there if there had never been any orders to stay home. The freeway seem just a tad lighter as if it was a holiday.

It felt as though someone had played a joke on me to keep me in the house while the world continue to move along.

If we need the stay at home order to fight this pandemic, I don't think the majority of Californians are playing along.
Not sure where you work or live, but my ordinarily slammed Los Angeles commute both ways has been completely empty. Many millions of people are complying.

Reactions: marlyn

hbouldin1216

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious

This is bullshit.
Let that SeaVee eat! Would love to see the lifeguards try to stop you.

Reactions: pacificscout

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Soooo by going fishing we are taking the lifeguards away from what duties you dummys?

They're fucking lifeguards not physicians or biotech scientists.

Boaters and swimmers are their duty.