Here's your sign...

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Guess not much to do in town right now....

20191214_215113.jpg

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Too bad the sign doesn’t have more lines they could have squeezed in some clam, beaver, twin screws, or wiener puns in there. What a shame, they were on such a role.

Upvote 0

NW-Quackhead

Almost A Member
May 5, 2014
O-chin
Name
Mike Hancho
Boat
Defiance 290 Guadalupe
Ill take the sign over those two grounchy assholes that used to work there.
This made me laugh. We were camped there one time about 10-12 years ago- I was 15 or 16 at the time. I grabbed two bags of ice that my dad had paid for inside and walked over to our camp. The old man came running over to our camp screaming at me and calling me a thief. Pissed our whole camp off at the time, but looking back now it was pretty hilarious because to this day he probably tells the story about a punk 15 year old stealing ice.

Reactions: bdrlgion
Upvote 0

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
This made me laugh. We were camped there one time about 10-12 years ago- I was 15 or 16 at the time. I grabbed two bags of ice that my dad had paid for inside and walked over to our camp. The old man came running over to our camp screaming at me and calling me a thief. Pissed our whole camp off at the time, but looking back now it was pretty hilarious because to this day he probably tells the story about a punk 15 year old stealing ice.
Ha! I experienced the same maybe five years ago. I go inside, pay for three dozen fresh herring, and the cashier told me i could help myself to a scoop of ice outside to keep the herring cold. There's one scoop - maybe a quart-sized - in the ice bucket. I fill the scoop up once, dump it in my cooler on top of the herring, and the asshole comes screaming outside calling me a thief. I just stared slackjawed as he yelled his head off for a minute, didn't say a word, got back in the car and drove away, and promised myself i'd never go back. That promise lasted only until the next weekend...

Reactions: NW-Quackhead
Upvote 0

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
  • Aug 26, 2008
    Kitsap/Westport, WA
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    Prowling for a Cat
    Ill take the sign over those two grounchy assholes that used to work there.
    That pair of old farts could be awnry for sure and the new owners, Eric, Mariah and family are super good people and they have a great staff.

Eric's dad was one of those old grumps and he took it over after he passed some years back.

If you haven't been in the Hungry Whale for a while it has changed quite a bit, kinda like the old food store in Westport before Shop N Kart bought it and completely turned it around.

WD

Upvote 0