Here's something I can do:

Discussion in 'Marine Life Protection Act Initiative (MLPA)' started by queenfish, Nov 13, 2009.

1. queenfish

queenfish Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
    I agree with some of the guys, in that when I launch at Dana Landing I always strike up a conversation with other guys launching. I can't tell you how often it is a dad with his kids, heading out to the kelp beds and they haven't even heard of the MLPA!
    I am going to print up a flyer with:

• The Map of the La Jolla closure. And the fact that this is a permenant closure
    • A recomendation that they register as a member on BloodyDecks and read up on MLPA.
    • Finally, I will print the office phone number of the State Assembly Members from SD County

I will keep a hundred or so of these in my truck and everytime I launch, go to the ramp to get a report, go by tackle or see people fishing from the shore I am going to hand them one.

It ain't over yet, it could get better, it could get worse.

Mark

2. nunyabizness1

nunyabizness1 BD Den Momma

Name:
    Nunya
    Boat:
    S. S. Minnow
    That's great Mark! Thank you!

3. Bigfish69

Bigfish69 Dirty Fisherman

Name:
    JOHN
    Boat:
    Wellcraft V-20, 200 hp etec, 85' Holiday sportfisher
    Mark its because of people like you we will make a difference. More to come bud!

69R

4. mooningu

mooningu MLPA [email protected]!& DISTURBER

Name:
    Dave Moon
    Boat:
    S.S. Rosie Palm
    That's what we're talking about !!! It's all about public awareness.

Let's not forget about all the beach goers in the proposed closure areas or maybe even a day out in front of Bass Pro Shops, etc....

I always have bumper stickers and flyer's with me. I have 2 stickers on my truck as well. If just 1000 BD members informs 10 people and those people do the same.......................... well you get the picture.

5. divegod1

divegod1 AKA "unidentified angler"

Name:
    Michael
    Boat:
    next one i'm on...
    I like the idea of standing out in front of BassPro, I think I'll drive up this week and see what the parameters are with the powers that be.

6. DaGoose

DaGoose Go pound sand

Name:
    Rick Ferguson
    Boat:
    old
    Been re-reading all of the MLPA threads this morning and there's heaps of great information scattered throughout. How can we best condense the parts that jump out and grab the average fishermen and rational person, fishermen or not, so they are aware of this railroad job, the impact, and present a plan of action easy enough to not lose them?

Heck, BD gets heaps of hits, emails were sent out to all members, buses were set up with free 1/2 day passes, and it still seems most folks still want to go on the fishing Chit Chat forum or whatever, and don't want to get involved. Either they don't understand the areas to be closed, or believe nothing can be done against the slimeball green politico machine, or both. Then again, look at voting apathy. It's an uphill battle.

Whatever it is, short, concise, with the most impact works best.

In my mind, the biggest impact is maps of the closed areas in the immediate area with an overview map showing the immense scope in So Cal.

Then perhaps a list of the "Blue Ribbon" task force that did this. Show their affiliation, names, salary, and quotes where possible. Like the Livia Borak tweeter Bio "Idealist laying the smack down via environmental activism. And I get paid for it. Awesome. And the Chit List of big money backers.

Last but not least, show the tax dollars and economic impact.

Distribute them to tackle shops, at landings, and high profile areas like Bass Pro Shops etc.

I'm sure everyone thought of this before. Just scratching my head trying to help out somehow............hope I don't piss anybody off.

Rick

7. ConSeaMate

ConSeaMate Legend in my own mind

Name:
    Buster Brown
    Boat:
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    Maybe some one can put up there own Twitter.....or facebook......or youtube version of our ideas on the MLPA......

8. divegod1

divegod1 AKA "unidentified angler"

Name:
    Michael
    Boat:
    next one i'm on...
    Nah, we are all to busy on BD, swingin it :rofl:
    I am not touchy/feely enough for utube/facebook/tweeter et al. I really don't care if joeQ changes TP brands.