Henderson v Fedor FULL FIGHT, while it lasts

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
I missed the fight, don't have showtime.

Just found this, didn't even see the result until i watched it happen, never happens that way but it did for me today.

Enjoy, BIG SMILE HERE ! go full screen - watch in 720HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCD8nrHcmc

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
When did take place?....

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Thanks for that!! I completely forgot about this fight as did some of my buddies..... passing this on.... thanks! Thanks also for not giving away the fight. I had to rewind and watch a few times.... I dunno, a little premature me thinks... JMO

Thanks again for the vid.

The unknown fisherman:p:

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Rigged......

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
I missed it tooooo!Thanks for that!

And come on Carl,he beat him down like a little girl!:D

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
But dont get me wrong,two guys that have never been knocked out before and as good as they are,should have been able to go a few more seconds.

agarcia

May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
Fedors posture, relaxed shoulders head first into the mat, looks like hendo put him to sleep after the first right hand....53 seconds left. Whether he was capable of continuing after that point is irrelavent, any loss of consciousness, end of fight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Fedors posture, relaxed shoulders head first into the mat, looks like hendo put him to sleep after the first right hand....53 seconds left. Whether he was capable of continuing after that point is irrelavent, any loss of consciousness, end of fight.

Not really, and I say this because Fedor was back to moving and getting up before Herb Dean made the call to stop.

I won't argue that he was (or appeared) out for a split second, but when you watch the replays in slow motion (or even regular speed) you can clearly see him moving to gain control again, and the very second that Herb Dean waived off Henderson, you can see right there immediately that Fedor was moving back up and ready to defend & fight.

Sure, Hendo could have still maybe finished him off, but now we will never know, and in a big name fight like that, you just cant have premature/early stoppages..... and unfortunately Herb Dean is all too well known for this, and he may be hindering his career on this stoppage as well.

Lets not also forget that Henderson threw two illegal punches to the back of Fedors neck/head right before it was stopped.

I like both fighters, but that fight was stopped to quickly.

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
I disagree, it looked like a flash knockout and one or two of the blows on the ground actually woke him up. Herb Dean was already over him when Henderson started the ground and pound, waking Fedor. He was face down on the mat with his hands at his waist, totally limp. It's hard to see in this resolution. If you watched on TV plus the slo-mo replays, it was clearer. Also, they did not have footage of it but all of the commentators said he was loopy when he got up. I think it's better this way than he be drooling and rolling like Mohammed Ali later in life, but that's just me. Of course, when Fedor was asked he said he thought it was stopped too soon, which I think tarnishes the class act that he usually is.
My thoughts exactly, when I first watched the fight live I was bummed it ended so quick with an apparent early stoppage by Dean. After watching it again a few time in slow-mo Fedor was out cold...................limp, face down on the mat. If only for a brief second, that is when Herb jumped in to stop the fight........................the flurry of follow up punches by Henderson clearly snapped Fedor out of his slumber making it appear as though he was alert and ready to fight.

I would have enjoyed watching the fight go on, but I can't say it was a bad stoppage.

agarcia

May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
Not really, and I say this because Fedor was back to moving and getting up before Herb Dean made the call to stop.

I won't argue that he was (or appeared) out for a split second, but when you watch the replays in slow motion (or even regular speed) you can clearly see him moving to gain control again, and the very second that Herb Dean waived off Henderson, you can see right there immediately that Fedor was moving back up and ready to defend & fight.

Sure, Hendo could have still maybe finished him off, but now we will never know, and in a big name fight like that, you just cant have premature/early stoppages..... and unfortunately Herb Dean is all too well known for this, and he may be hindering his career on this stoppage as well.

Lets not also forget that Henderson threw two illegal punches to the back of Fedors neck/head right before it was stopped.

I like both fighters, but that fight was stopped to quickly.

Lol.....no, really once consciousness is gone the ref has to end the fight.....at least according to all the athletic commisions. Im not a sambo expert by any means but I don't think there are any defensive positions where one lays face to mat with hands at side so he wasn't defending himself either. Herb looked like he hesitated a bit but it was the right call. Also since when has his rep come into question, he's known to let guys go in title fights. I don't think his career is in question either, neither the fans or organizations determine who refs a fight, athletic comissions do. If they license cecil peoples to ref and judge mma despite being blind and ignorant of mma then I think herb is cool.

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Good stoppage. When the fighter has his elbows on the mat and face down as up, getting punch in the back of the head and arms look like they are glued to the mat, its over.

Great move by Hendo to roll out and perfect upper-cut. He was out. Concur with agraci, good stoppage. Also saw an post fight interview where hendo said he would have finished him if it werent stopped, i believe it.