Panchovilla

Pancho
Feb 14, 2011
Marina Del Rey CA USA
Name
Ron
Boat
Pancho Villa
Several months ago, I was approached by a few friends, also in the 80's, who asked if I knew where they could donate their fishing equipment either because they were no longer fishing or thinning out their herd. Their common denominator is they do not want their equipment sold but would like to give it to deserving youths. I immediately thought of Avalon. The kids there live in a "fish pond" , but lack fishing equipment. After several discussions with their school staff, local officials including Harbor Dept, Sheriffs, and Fire Dept I decided to take this task on hoping to gather 40-50 rods and reel outfits.As of now, I have in my possession over 80 outfits. I clean the old reels, and send them to Just Fishing by Pete for service and when necessary change a guide or 2. Through generous contributions I received more than enough monofilament to replace all the old line with fresh. I plan on making my first delivery of 100 outfits June 13, where the local officials will distribute them. Hopefully, I will be able to make another delivery of 100 or so mid summer. If you can possibly contribute your no longer used equipment, primarily rods and reels, I (we the kids of Avalon) could certainly use them.
I would be more than happy to furnish names of those who went beyond in helping me in this project. Looking forward to posting photos of this event, stay tuned.
If any questions or to contribute, please contact me....Ron Hasson. [email protected]

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Several months ago, I was approached by a few friends, also in the 80's, who asked if I knew where they could donate their fishing equipment either because they were no longer fishing or thinning out their herd. Their common denominator is they do not want their equipment sold but would like to give it to deserving youths. I immediately thought of Avalon. The kids there live in a "fish pond" , but lack fishing equipment. After several discussions with their school staff, local officials including Harbor Dept, Sheriffs, and Fire Dept I decided to take this task on hoping to gather 40-50 rods and reel outfits.As of now, I have in my possession over 80 outfits. I clean the old reels, and send them to Just Fishing by Pete for service and when necessary change a guide or 2. Through generous contributions I received more than enough monofilament to replace all the old line with fresh. I plan on making my first delivery of 100 outfits June 13, where the local officials will distribute them. Hopefully, I will be able to make another delivery of 100 or so mid summer. If you can possibly contribute your no longer used equipment, primarily rods and reels, I (we the kids of Avalon) could certainly use them.
    I would be more than happy to furnish names of those who went beyond in helping me in this project. Looking forward to posting photos of this event, stay tuned.
    If any questions or to contribute, please contact me....Ron Hasson. [email protected]
    Your generosity, is commenndable!

Upvote 0

Latest posts