reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Need help with find someone who can service the original Trinadad and TN40. Everyplace I have looked don't service them anymore. I just love these reels and don't want to just throw them away. They are great reels. I have 2 each of both.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Donna, I just went through four of them. I rather enjoy it. So, wrap them up and send them to me. You can pay for the parts, I'll order.

Labor? Buy me a beer on June Heat. :)

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
they don't list these reels anymore
If you poke around on the Shimano website, you can find parts breakdowns, numbers, etc. See my post on the Shimano forum.

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I've sent mine to Alan Tani for a service drag and anti reverse upgrade. They're better than new.

Upvote 0

Rodless_Jim

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
Donna, my "reel guy" is Tony Alva...he's in San Diego. He is on BD as "SDTone". I don't know if he has any issue with older reels, but I very sincerely doubt it. He does a great job for me, with a great attitude. I recommend him highly. Shoot him a PM and see what he says. Tell him I sent you!

Upvote 0

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
Not to hijack this thread, but this is EXACTLY why I absolutely LOVE BD! Fishermen helping fishermen (but in this case a fisherwoman)! The comradery
that we have all seen on BD is incredible.

Thanks, BD

10 X!!!!!!!!!!

Best, generous & most knowledgeable community on the planet!

(Both Tani & Nomura are fantastic) (Free is good as well...)

Tight lines.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
Hopefully your previous repair/service technician replaced the drive plate with one of the machined ones before they became unavailable. Carbontex Drag Washers are a seriously great improvement over the stock drag washers. I used to call them "Dardamntanium" Other than drag work, checking and cleaning the one way roller bearing, replacing if necessary (about $20) and the pawls $6.00 / pair, that's about it. Great reels, love mine.

Upvote 0

Latest posts