Help with new Calif. Ammo Laws

Jul 16, 2019
Los Angeles
Name
Britt
Boat
no
Tried to buy ammo at sporting goods store. They ran me for the new background check and I was denied. Either because I don't have an Automated Firearms System (AFS) record, OR because the info I provided did not match my AFS record. I did purchase a firearm last in 2016.

Anyone else confront this? How did you troubleshoot? One thing the vendor suggested was to get that new Drivers License or ID card. I did however have my passport and car registration.

Before I give this communist state another dime of my hard earned money, I want to make sure I know exactly what my next indicated step is.

Reactions: Avery Gilleland

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
so is the form different than when you buy a firearm ?

Jul 16, 2019
Los Angeles
Name
Britt
Boat
no
Your address when you bought your firearm in 2016 must match to your current DL or passport address. If not, then you will be denied.
I see. So, then I somehow need to update the address for the firearm I bought in 2016. Any guidance on how I do that? Don't live there anymore. (appreciate the help)

Jul 16, 2019
Los Angeles
Name
Britt
Boat
no
so is the form different than when you buy a firearm ?
To be honest, I don't remember the form I filled out in 2016 when I bought that firearm. But it definitely would've had my old address on it. I wish I knew how to check what address I used on that form, and how to update it if possible.

af dreamer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Call 916 2277527,at prompt,punch 2,next prompt punch 3,next prompt punch 7.At some point you will talk to a human.I was on terminal hold 2 times yesterday for over a hour.This AM at 8 I got in and on with a human with no wait at all.Its a live help line that is super busy.Good luck.Tom

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman
You can pay a $20.00 fee to be put in the data base but you’ll have to wait 10 days also.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman
FYI. Hope this helps somebody some aggravation
2F1F1BEF-F5F7-4935-B856-EDCB7558777D.jpeg

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog!
Oct 9, 2006
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
16' Duck killing machine
What is coming next is you will be denied the purchase of a caliber of ammo for a weapon that you do not have registered to you. For instance, your trying to purchase .45acp but you have no .45 Firearms you will be denied.

Reactions: Blackfish

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
These new ammo laws were about more taxes, more goverment jobs and making it harder to hunt.

Restrictions on shot gun shells? You gotta be kidding

Fucking liberals

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
We have to remember some of this stuff was VOTED in by the people in our state!Thats what REALLY sucks!Tom

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Thank a lib, Thank a dem.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
We have to remember some of this stuff was VOTED in by the people in our state!Thats what REALLY sucks!Tom
Our votes don't mean much in this state when you have Newsom the dictator running it.The fuel tax comes to mind when it was described as anything but a fuel tax on the ballot.Probably some of the same crap going on with voting on gun laws.

Reactions: jer dog

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman
My sources say yes and they work with CRPA
This is from the LAX Ammo website
· NO caliber restrictions *the type of ammunition you are buying DOES NOT have to match the caliber of firearm you have registered

· NO quantity restrictions: you can buy pallets of ammunition if you choose.

· Take ammo home same day!

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Right now you do not have to have the ammo and registered gun match.

yuma 97

May 10, 2012
33.51 117.10
Name
Tom
Boat
Parker 2320
I'm a California resident, hold a valid California license, but have no firearms registered in California. So, for me to buy shotgun shells, I will have to get the $19 background check, wait 10 days or so, then be able to make my purchase. But, if I don't make the purchase within 30 days of getting the completed check, I have to start over. Is this procedure correct? Purchasing a firearm places you in the "system" background-wise, but the ammo only check does not?

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman
Correct

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
I'm a California resident, hold a valid California license, but have no firearms registered in California. So, for me to buy shotgun shells, I will have to get the $19 background check, wait 10 days or so, then be able to make my purchase. But, if I don't make the purchase within 30 days of getting the completed check, I have to start over. Is this procedure correct? Purchasing a firearm places you in the "system" background-wise, but the ammo only check does not?
Even if you tolerate the rest of this onerous horseshit, this part is a steamer.
You should be able to file once and then be on the goddam list, and not have to re-file each time, or outside of 30 days.

I'm in the same boat. Not one of my guns was purchased after they started entering them in the DB.

I have no criminal record, a real ID, passport, passport card, 51 years of hunting licenses and CANNOT buy a fucking box of shotgun shells.

Don't I feel safe!

Lived here my entire 63 years and have watched the lib's destroy a once magnificent place to live.

I sure as hell hope the plaintiff's prevail in the Rhodes vs Bacera case, but I'm sure it's an uphill battle with all of the activist judges in the 9th circuit.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Just place your orders with me. We’re back forth from Montana all the time. No restrictions on what and how much I can buy and no sales tax. Just tip me like a deck hand on a party boat.

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
hell yeah really looks like it

View attachment 1048945
F#$king California.. So glad I don't live there anymore" Paradise?!?! not anymore ..more like a slum with a view. You guys have to start electing people who have brains my god...Mark my words in 10 years people in Calif will not be allowed to own guns at all this is just the beginning. Good Luck !