Help with bleeding and purging my hydraulic system.

MNGUYEN12002

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 23, 2008
San Diego
Name
Michael Nguyen
Boat
Parker
Just finished installing my AP44 Medium autopilot on my Parker 2520 and I'm having a hard time getting the air out of the lines. I called a few mobile repair shops to see if they have a power purge system, but they are not able to do it til Jan. Anybody know anyone that would be able to power purge my system within the next couple weeks? I'm located in SD at Harbor Island. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Big_Tuna_

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 3, 2017
San Diego
Name
David
Boat
Hobie Tandem Island
I just bought a power purge jr. More than happy to help although I am still learning the process. I recently installed a new helm, autopilot pump and am still chasing down bubbles!

Reactions: sealskinner

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
Get a bubble purge pro if you can’t afford a power purge like I couldn’t.

And purge and purge and purge. Let it sit for a day or two and purge some more. It takes forever but worth it.

and get a thin wrench, heat it with a torch and bend it to open and close the bleeders. This will save you a lot of frustration. Watch some of the videos on the link above and you’ll see how he has bent his wrench. Below is an Amazon link to the wrench I bought.

Reactions: MNGUYEN12002
Mar 11, 2006
san diego
Name
curt ljungquist
Boat
22 sea cat/16 klamath
I have a dual motor rig with a liquid tie bar that was VERY difficult to bleed until I installed one of these. No more upside down bottles and mess at the helm. Plus it acts as a mini reservoir.

1FC25678-BCDA-413B-A119-39F21D0EBFA7.jpeg

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
call Dan at seabound marine he will come to your boat he lives in Mission Bay. 858-232-2400

Reactions: Hustler