FREE Help this young SSGT USMC - Rods Stolen...

Discussion in 'USED Fishing Rods and Reels For Sale' started by USMCfish, Jun 25, 2018.

1. ivane068

ivane068 Professional hide and seek player..

Name:
    Ivan
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
    First of all F***k the scum bags that stole there gear.

Semper Fi brother, I'm always in to help a fellow devil dog.

Ive got a brand new Daiwa BG4500, i can drop off on my home from work, whos the point of contact?

My brother freedy builds rods and wants build the kid a custom rod free of charge, Lee please PM your contact info so i can get you in touch with him.

15299863294426353750865891430836.jpg

2. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    Cool. Joe's gonna have some pretty sweet gear.

3. USMCfish

USMCfish USMC-FISH

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Tuna Can
    Makes us feel good when we can help one another out such a amazing team we have here I am so thankful cant wait to see little Riley smile tomorrow guys I will attach several photos of the dad and son... thanks so much bd family!

DatFuCanFish likes this.
  4. dctalk523

dctalk523 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    ChoeMan
    Boat:
    Never
  5. zd583

zd583 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Freddy
    Boat:
    Boston whaler Outrage 17,Maycraft 1900
    like my brother stated above would like to donate a custom rod. Just need info on what kind of fishing they like to do. Will start building tomorrow morning!

6. USMCfish

USMCfish USMC-FISH

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Tuna Can
    He is originally from Oregon fishing salmon/steelhead, but now living San Diego they have been fishing with me more on the local waters (kelp beds/islands) they are getting into yellow tails and calicoes... maybe some type of jig stick or swim bait stick for them. He fishes with a couple of mine so those are my suggestions.
    Cant thank you enough

DatFuCanFish and SaintJeezy like this.
  7. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    I'm giving him several rods. Other people have talked to Joe I'm sure. Pretty soon Joe is going to be overwhelmed with gear.
    With the stuff that's left over. Maybe the BD community could start a resource that could provide gear to needy active duty or disabled veterans. I for 1 would def give gear.

morfius, koubster, gillandgut and 6 others like this.
  8. matt86m

matt86m Not worthy of a Title

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    20' Tiara Pursuit
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Love the BD community.

Im in OC, maybe a few of us can meet up & stock pile some xtra stuff and get it to SD for Joe & Riley or if they have enough, which it sounds like they may, we can get it to another deserving Veteran. I have a rod or 2 that I'd be happy to pay forward.

Thank you all for Your service!

Blackfish and sealskinner like this.
  9. rexor_rn

rexor_rn Mangingisda

Name:
    Mananagat
    Boat:
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    This is Awesome act of Kindness....wish someone can connect any media outlet like ABC7 to Highlight this Humaness so it may hopefully turn this into a Big and Regular Charity Event for Disabled Veterans who love and passionate about Fishing...Thanks for your Service Sir! Like most I have some gear to donate too...

CanIgofishing! likes this.
  10. zd583

zd583 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Freddy
    Boat:
    Boston whaler Outrage 17,Maycraft 1900
    Cool that's plenty of info to work off will have something really nice for him.

11. gnehekul

gnehekul I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Fishead
    Boat:
    cash carrying ho
    anglers anonymous of america does fundraising for veterans to take then fishing

USMCfish likes this.
  12. titan05

titan05 Pelagic Terminator

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    Chelsea Rae
    Hey Lee,
    Once you get all this wonderful donation gear together let me know what they might be missing or what they need to fill in the gaps....Send me a PM....I have enough gear to outfit a a whole company and would rather see some of this go to a Vet and his son....I've been donating gear to various veteran service organizations for years
    Let me know and I can deliver whatever they need....Rods/Reels/Bags/Tackle boxes/Jigs/Hooks.....whatever they need

Thank you for your service and you're friends of course
    Oorah !

13. vduzin12

vduzin12 Newbie

Name:
    mell
    Boat:
    na
    This is great!!

USMCfish likes this.
  14. kuyamonster

kuyamonster I only wishes to catch some fishes...

Name:
    Marcel
    Boat:
    Limited load cattle car
    Just saw this post. I can't say enough of the graciousness of our BD family and God knows we can never do enough for our military veterans. I won't be back in San Diego till Thursday, the 28th. I do have items to donate as well and will reach out to you Lee after the Tuna Wars shindig on Shelter Island. I would like to try and get them out on one of my charity charter trips that I hold each summer. These trips are geared towards veteran anglers and kids with single parents so it would be a perfect fit for Joe and Riley. Thanks brethren, for giving back to those who gave so much serving for our freedom...

15. Nannook N

Nannook N Member

Name:
    gary smith
    Boat:
    44 pacifica
    HELLO I TEXED YOU ON THE NUMBER I HAVE 3 NICE RODS AND REELS WITH NEW LINE TO GET RILEY GOING MY BOAT IN SAN DIEGO ILL BE THERE THIS WEEKEND LET ME KNOW WHERE TO BRING THEM TO YOU LETS GET HIM GOING NO PROBLEM ! GARY SMITH BARRACUDA IN SHELTER ISLAND 310 5601159

USMCfish likes this.
  16. kelppaddydaddy

kelppaddydaddy Member

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    Any overnighter cattleboat!
    Hope you find a reel to match-up to that Calstar 270, older rod but it’s caught a lot of fish!

17. USMCfish

USMCfish USMC-FISH

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Tuna Can
    Ben we will make that work my friend really appreciate all this and you this is crazyness lol, I can't wait for tonight we are going to have a blast I will post several photos from the dinner...

sealskinner likes this.
  18. hunster

hunster Newbie

Name:
    hun lee
    Boat:
    none
    ...I actually have an original calstar 270..and a 196.. both custom wrapped by my pops...I won't be down there til mid July for my kid's soccer tourney... I wonder if anyone from the 818/661/San Fernando valley or near areas can caravan supplies down??..

19. TanstaaflSD

TanstaaflSD Member

Name:
    Tanstaafl
    Boat:
    n/a
    The Oceanside Senior Anglers do such trips....might check them out at...www.OSAnglers.org >>>> OSA's Anglers4Military Program serves to recognize and support our military “Wounded Warriors” and local veterans who have suffered injuries while serving our country.
    To accomplish our goals, we raise funds at the Fred Hall Show and Harbor Days along with donations from many club members. Since 2007, we have taken over 400 wounded veterans out fishing for a day.
    Our Heroes come from the Camp Pendleton Wounded Warrior Battalion, the 32nd Street Naval Medical Detachment in San Diego, and Balboa Naval Hospital.
    We charter boats from the Seaforth Landing and Point Loma Sportfishing Landing in San Diego, facilitated by the kindness of the boat owners/operators.
    There are absolutely no costs for those who attend. They are furnished with everything that they need for the day, including food, water and sodas, fishing license, and equipment. Depending on donations, our goal this year is to again offer Wounded Warrior trips to our Veterans. The OSA commitment is to show, in some small way, our thanks and appreciation for their sacrifices and to honor our country’s HEROES. <<<<<

sealskinner and titan05 like this.
  20. rdrrm8e

rdrrm8e Fucking Stan

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    No
    I am in Anaheim and have plenty of tackle to donate if someone is going down to SD tomorrow night.
    714 eighteight3 6670

Chuck

I will donate in Honor of my Brutha Stan (Surfdoc) a navy medic.

Fucking Stan

Beer Goggles likes this.