Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I got heads up that the parking at Shelter Island is being proposed in the "master plan" to be removed and replaced with grass open space and a bike trail. Decisions are on the 31st of this month, 6 days away! Just starting to put the puzzle together on this one.

https://pantheonstorage.blob.core.w...scussion-Draft-042419.2-Port-of-San-Diego.pdf

Starting Page 124
shelterislandmasterplan.jpg

To make things better The Marlin Club is not in the plan either and is on the chopping block.

The Marlin Club made this post on Instagram which got me looking into this.
Need everyone to email San Diego Port at
[email protected]

Mail form is here https://pantheonstorage.blob.core.w...te-Discussion-Draft-Overview-comment-form.pdf

Shelter island boat ramp is the number 1 most used ramp in California. We need more parking spaces, not less. We need to also comment to save the San Diego Marlin club. They are a San Diego institution and do so much to support recreational fishing.

Please also copy the California coastal commission [email protected] as they have to approve the plan after the San Diego Port.

Deadline to comment to SD port is july 31st.

Last edited:

tunacraze

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 27, 2006
Santee
Name
Steve Brunton
Boat
The Big Ones
How much did they just spend on this ramp? So, it's gonna be a duck boat only ramp? America's Finest City!

Reactions: Ctony.clark

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
I don't know anything about urban planning, but could parking still fall under recreational open space? I can't imagine they'd be so stupid as to build a new ramp and not have a place for people to park. I know they're politicians but they can't be that dumb considering most of them would like to keep their seats.

Vigilant32

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
No one goes in the water there so no need for steps to the water.

It’s happening everywhere. Newport is a nightmare, kiss Dana Point good bye.

Designed by urban planners not boaters or fisherman.

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Wow-Crazy.

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
San Diego is my home town I'm almost 62 now I would hate to see this happen. Looks like your elected officials are once again SCREWING the people who sign their paychecks. It really breaks my heart to see what California has become. Back in the day SD was undoubtedly IMO the best place in the continental US to live and play. The city was very much aware of it's fishing heritage , we used to marvel at the Spanish Fishing fleet even though it stank Bumble Bee tuna was alive and kicking. Hell the list goes on & on. It's like they say you can never go home ...

Got Wasabi

Ichiban Captain
Aug 24, 2006
RPQ
Name
That Guy
Boat
22' SeaPro WA - Wasabi, 16' LUND
Need everyone to email San Diego Port at
[email protected]

Shelter island boat ramp is the number 1 most used ramp in California. We need more parking spaces, not less. We need to also comment to save the San Diego Marlin club. They are a San Diego institution and do so much to support recreational fishing.

Please also copy the California coastal commission as they have to approve the plan after the San Diego Port.

Deadline to comment to SD port is july 31st.

Reactions: Olddog8

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Damn...

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
watch out, the el toro marine base has been in development over the last 5 years or so...
I remember El Toro it was a great base. MCRD is the west coast Boot Camp it will not move anytime soon. There are only two in the world MCRD San Diego and MCRD paris island. Oooorah

Reactions: Fish Asassin

Flatinfifth

May 30, 2007
California
Name
Angel Sanchez-Figueras
Boat
Skeeter 21
This is an example of only one of the underlying reasons the founding fathers and the colonies declared their independence from the Crown. They said, "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!". The California leftist agenda has gained more momentum in the past few years than ever before, but now it is even more underhanded, deceitful and corrupt. Unilaterally they are displacing the sportsman from access to anything related to fishing, hunting and the outdoors.

If there aren't pitchforks and torches in the streets (City Hall) soon, these elitist bastards will walk all over our rights as citizens, and this will continue until we have no more rights left. It will be one big Commie Jungle where only the sleazy and immoral will have a chance to get ahead and to have access to those things we now feel are our inalienable rights. STOP THEM NOW San Diego or forever hold your peace.

John S.

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2008
Valley Center, CA
Name
John
Boat
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
I emailed them and cc'd the Coastal Commission. Exercise your rights and express your opinion to those involved with this project.

John

Reactions: Bwood

mrkrabs

Mar 3, 2009
Santee/ca/usa
Name
Marty
Boat
Lard ass
San Diego is my home town I'm almost 62 now I would hate to see this happen. Looks like your elected officials are once again SCREWING the people who sign their paychecks. It really breaks my heart to see what California has become. Back in the day SD was undoubtedly IMO the best place in the continental US to live and play. The city was very much aware of it's fishing heritage , we used to marvel at the Spanish Fishing fleet even though it stank Bumble Bee tuna was alive and kicking. Hell the list goes on & on. It's like they say you can never go home ...
:appl::appl::appl::hali_olutta::hali_olutta:

Reactions: eric harner