ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
Hello all

I'm planning to take a 2 days trip in September and this will be my first. Please help me to choose the boat and the landing. I fish a lot locally of Catalina and San Clemente but not San Diego. PLease consider parking, loading and captain/crew experience while you recommend. Thanks everyone for helping, this board rock....
#1 Big Game 90 H&M landing or Outer Limit Sea Forth landing Sep 10, 2010
#2 Pacific queen Fisherman landing Sep 17, 2010
#3 New Lo-Ann Point Loma landing Sep 24, 2010

Once again thanks for your input, I just bought 3 G loomis and Avet out fit to get ready for this trip, so I'm excited. If anyone on here is on the same trip please let me learn from you and I will buy you beer.:hali_olutta:

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
Look into the pacific voyager to see if thay have any openings. GREAT boat and crew. parking is one of the main reasons i like to fish seaforth landing. Large new lot with free parking. I hate fighting for a spot to park or having to park blocks away in a lot with no one around at $5 A DAY. I have heard more than one story about guys returning to find there trucks are gone out of SD.

smackedazz

Apr 28, 2009
Las Vegas
Name
Patrick
Boat
sold :)
Lo-ann was one of my first trips also and i was very happy with the boat and crew.......just do everything exactly like the deck hands tell you and HAVE FUN....oh ya and stay out of the cabin its hard to catch fish in there..... JMHO

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Look into the pacific voyager to see if thay have any openings. GREAT boat and crew. parking is one of the main reasons i like to fish seaforth landing. Large new lot with free parking. I hate fighting for a spot to park or having to park blocks away in a lot with no one around at $5 A DAY. I have heard more than one story about guys returning to find there trucks are gone out of SD.
Yep! I know some spots are open on the Senor Tuna September trip.
If the fishing sucks you can still enjoy a great group of people and the best chief in the 1-3 day fleet... Capt. and Crew kick ass also.....

www.senortuna.com

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
Thanks for all of yours input. I heard about the seaforth parking vs H&M is night and day. Regarding the moon phase, I thought it was just a myth....

bassnglass

Mar 20, 2005
Alpine
Name
Ken Schwenck
Boat
19 Fiberform W/Fly bridge "Miss Behavior"
If you can, go on a 2.5 day instead. You'll be glad you spent the extra 100 or so. They are fishing San Martin and getting good counts on the yellowtail. 2 day trips are mostly rockfish.

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
outer limits or big game 90

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
I wish I can go for the 2.5 days but I own a floral shop and I can only go Friday and come back Sunday. Look like everyone leaning to seaforth landing. I heard a couple boat change their schedule to leave at 1pm Fri instead of 10pm so they can reach San Martin on a 2 days trip. Hopefully I can find one go out on a Friday and come back Sunday.

backslash

I learned to fish with plumber's line...
Jul 28, 2009
Oceanside
Name
Dey
Boat
Sold
For your 1st trip Don't do the BG90: you'll find 36 anglers plus guests and it gets more than crowded. Besides that in my last trip with them few weeks ago even the food was meager,talk about small portions and forget about seconds.( I was hungry and am not a guy that eats a lot)
Good crew and captain though but 36 plus fishermen isn't recommended unless you don't really care having to fight for the rail, the bait and the food and even seating.
Bad experience for me in that boat...don't get to experience the same. Go with a limited load( no more than 24-26)

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Lo-an or Pac Queen, parking should not be much of a problem it being late summer and such a poor catching year.

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
I think I found a perfect trip.... Sep 17, 2010 New Lo Ann 2 days San Martin island,leaving Fri 09/17 at 2pm and come back Sun 09/19 5pm. I hope by that time the San Martin island still hot with the yellow tail bite.

daveb

Sep 7, 2005
Ramona
Name
Dave
Boat
PacVoy,Royal Star
I have 3-spots open on the Pacific Voyager fishing Sept. 4 & 5 leaves Fri. Sept. 3. Cost is $425 includes food, fuel & permits. 619-247-9829 Dave