Help.... Getting a weather report for Clarion Island - Hurricane Bank

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by Soda Pop, May 26, 2015.

  1. Soda Pop

    Soda Pop I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    Fresno, CA
    Name:
    David Rouse
    Boat:
    Long range fishing
    • Messages:
      (2,500)
    • Likes Received:
      (3,064)
    Thanks Richard. See you at the dock Sat. morning or dinner Friday night. Drive safe. I will be in San Diego around noon Friday.
     
  2. Steve K

    Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

    Location:
    Bishop
    Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    • Messages:
      (10,744)
    • Likes Received:
      (5,787)
  3. norcaltunaclub

    norcaltunaclub www.octunaclub.com

    Location:
    Orange County
    Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris
    • Messages:
      (837)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,350)
    Soda Pop- As of this morning, they're predicting this disturbance below will turn into Tropical Storm Andres by today and a full blow hurricane by tomorrow. Be safe my friend.....it's going to be a gnarly and wild ride.

    TS Andres.jpg
     
  4. vegasandre

    vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    • Messages:
      (1,851)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,804)
    Hi Soda Pop , good luck on your trip.
    Just checked the latest. Looks like you will be OK. By Tuesday Tropical System Andres will be west of Hurricane Bank and continuing WNW and weakening after Tuesday. By wed the coast is clear. I would guess that you guys head down the beach and start at the Island as that is inside of HB and well inside of the storm.

    Good Luck!
     
  5. Soda Pop

    Soda Pop I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    Fresno, CA
    Name:
    David Rouse
    Boat:
    Long range fishing
    • Messages:
      (2,500)
    • Likes Received:
      (3,064)
    Thanks for the update. Andy will make the right call.
     
    wxdunn likes this.
  6. Wahooandy

    Wahooandy Newbie

    Location:
    oceanside,ca
    Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Excel
    • Messages:
      (17)
    • Likes Received:
      (3)
    Sorry but the next one is coming. image.jpg
     
  7. spinner

    spinner Well-Known "Member"

    Location:
    irvine
    Name:
    mikegooing
    Boat:
    none
    • Messages:
      (899)
    • Likes Received:
      (485)
    when you have a back to back hurricanes predicted and you cannot go to huricane or clarion as the trip is posted for, do you opt out? do they cancel the trip/would that be covered by trip insurance? i definitely would not want to go on that wild ride or fish the 8 -10 day area as a backup option. waht is apprpriate?
     
  8. vegasandre

    vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    • Messages:
      (1,851)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,804)
    That 2nd potential storm looks like it will definitely affect their fishing schedule.
    Andres is maxed out now and heading west and will dissipate over next few days. The 2nd storm is expected to develop south of the zone and move slowly nw towards the zone after that.
    My guess is that they will get a few days of fishing in wed-fri and will have to ditch after that.

    Probably head back up the beach and do the usual 6-8 day type fishing after that and finish off on big Bluefin in us waters.
    good luck to those guys!
     
  9. Steve K

    Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

    Location:
    Bishop
    Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    • Messages:
      (10,744)
    • Likes Received:
      (5,787)
    Andy always makes the right call. Stand by to be amazed, I usually am. ;)
     
  10. reellady

    reellady I'd rather be catching TUNA

    Location:
    fresno, ca usa
    Name:
    donna
    Boat:
    reel lady
    • Messages:
      (2,249)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,005)
    There is never a guarantee where the boat will go. Usually on a LR trip you tend to go to the Buffer or the bank, however it depends on fishin
     
  11. reellady

    reellady I'd rather be catching TUNA

    Location:
    fresno, ca usa
    Name:
    donna
    Boat:
    reel lady
    • Messages:
      (2,249)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,005)
    Catch some big ones. Please tell everyone hello for me. Wish I was there
     
  12. backlashjack

    backlashjack Scallywag

    Location:
    Alta Loma, CA
    Name:
    Jackson
    Boat:
    Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
    • Messages:
      (1,782)
    • Likes Received:
      (686)
    What about areas like PV or Cabo? Are they viable options with these storms pounding it out right now?
     
  13. vegasandre

    vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    • Messages:
      (1,851)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,804)
    PV was an option at one time. but I think the LR boats only went down there a couple times. Based on the latest Tropical update - that second storm (tropical Storm Blanca) is expected to become a major Hurricane by Friday and head directly towards the zone. This trip will be interesting to watch what Andy decides to do. He may have a 1-2 day window at Clarion (I think the HB looks too risky) and then have to ditch for points east or North. There is a chance he may not even risk Clarion. But It looks "OK" wed and thurs. PV would actually be a good option in this situation. Head to the Tres marias. Should be good there and well inside of any storm issues. I would be surpised they went there but it looks like this trip may be a perfect set up for that area.

    Also the latest Blanca forecast has it going more to "the right" in the five day forecast. And each forecast has it going more right. Cabo has to watch this one closely.

    LATE EDIT- latest forecast has Blanca making landfall on the lower cape this weekend(they need this like a hole in their head).
    PV will not be an option if this forecast trend continues....

    Good luck guys. I know how Soda Pop loves those hurricanes. I am sure Andy will play it safe. This will definitely be the most interesting LR trip of the whole year to watch and see how it plays out.
     
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  14. The Right Kind

    The Right Kind Slave

    Location:
    Santa Barbara
    Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
    • Messages:
      (1,096)
    • Likes Received:
      (692)
    Back in the day when hurricanes worked their way up the Baja, the LR boats would fish albacore off of San Miguel Island and the Morro Bay coast.
    It was weird to see 2 or 3 big boats out there.
     
  15. backlashjack

    backlashjack Scallywag

    Location:
    Alta Loma, CA
    Name:
    Jackson
    Boat:
    Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
    • Messages:
      (1,782)
    • Likes Received:
      (686)
    Albacore??? What's that?
     
  16. vegasandre

    vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    • Messages:
      (1,851)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,804)
    Blanca is heading right for Cabo with a Landfall early Sunday. Will be cat 3 or 4 but will lower to 1 or 2 by landfall. . Not sure what Andy is going to do now. They may have 1 day in zone then will may have to head WEST out to sea as the storm appears to be going inside. On the inside storms, you cant run back inside. you either have to turn back and head up or head west. Maybe they take the west route and the HB will open up by sunday due to the inside track
     
    backlashjack likes this.
  17. reellady

    reellady I'd rather be catching TUNA

    Location:
    fresno, ca usa
    Name:
    donna
    Boat:
    reel lady
    • Messages:
      (2,249)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,005)
    thanks Jackson
     
  18. backlashjack

    backlashjack Scallywag

    Location:
    Alta Loma, CA
    Name:
    Jackson
    Boat:
    Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
    • Messages:
      (1,782)
    • Likes Received:
      (686)
    "Maybe they take the west route and the HB will open up by sunday due to the inside track"

    Gotta hope for the best :D
     
  19. vegasandre

    vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

    Location:
    San Diego
    Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    • Messages:
      (1,851)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,804)
    I am starting to get a little concerned about this storm, maybe that is just the closet meteorologist in me.
    072.png
     
  20. Pangamaster

    Pangamaster Cow Town Here I come!

    Location:
    San Ramon, CA
    Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
    • Messages:
      (1,913)
    • Likes Received:
      (1,065)
    Lots of concern here..... Just looked at the 150 pounder Soda Pop landed on FB and the Seas are absolutely flat calm in the back ground. The boats will make the best informed decision when the time arrives. Go fishing on your fishing vacations and let them worry about the captain stuff.
     

Share This Page