Okuma

Scuba Chris

• May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    Showing How I Spooled My Okuma Spinner For Ultra Light Casting!

I really love the Helios Spinning Reels. Lightweight & dependable. I just got the 20 & 30 models to go with my 40 unit. Collection complete. Lol! I'm going to use my 9'9" Guide Select Pro until I dig out my 1pc 7ft Epixor Inshore Rod. Love one piece rods! I must have around 60 Okuma pieces & +200 other types of rigs sitting in storage.

Model#HSX-20
    Bearings- 8HPB + 1RB
    Gear Ratio- 5.0:1
    Line Retrieve- 21.9"
    Max Drag- 13-LBS
    Mono Line Capacity- 200/4 (0.17), 120/6 (0.22), 95/8 (0.25)
    Weight- 6oz

Reel Stats of The Helios Series-
    Light weight C-40X carbon frame and sideplates
    C-40X Cyclonic Flow Rotor for corrosion resistance
    TCA: Torsion Control Armor reduces twisting
    8HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
    Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
    Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
    ALG: Precision AlumiLite alloy main gear and oscillating gears
    Rigid, machined aluminum, anodized handle
    Light weight, EVA handle knobs for comfort
    Precision Elliptical Gearing system
    Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool
    Heavy duty, solid aluminum bail wire
    RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System
    Helios SX spinning reels are backed by a 1-year limited warranty

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    Your writing style appears to be influenced by Madison Avenue.

Many of your reviews/reports seem to revolve around Okuma products.

Why not include pricing along with the specs? It might help others who are on the fence regarding the purchase of Okuma products and would be nice to be able to look at the prices of equipment when revisiting threads like this in the future.

Are Okumas' products competitively priced, compared to other manufacturers products for sale, where you reside?

That was very nice of Sportsmans Innovations to gift you that line winder. How much do they usually cost?

Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
    May 19, 2006
    Crowley Lake, CA
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    Gone but not forgotten
    Certainly don’t need to spend $100 for a trout reel. Since you seem to know everything about Okuma products what would you suggest for an ultralight spinning reel for trout, 4# test max, in the $50 range?

Upvote 0

Scuba Chris

• May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    Certainly don’t need to spend $100 for a trout reel. Since you seem to know everything about Okuma products what would you suggest for an ultralight spinning reel for trout, 4# test max, in the $50 range?
    Alaris ALS-20 is only $32. 11.9lb max drag.
    Mono Lin Capacity- 280/2 (0.15), 140/4(0.21), 110/6(0.24)

If you want a higher frills reel i'd suggest the Blue Inspira-20. Virtually the same as the $130 Helios-20, but $88 since it doesn't incorporate the computer balancing.

Can't beat the Helios-20 in my book for UL. This latest video was with units supplied to me by one of the largest Sporting Good Distributors in the US (not by Okuma though he represents them as well). He sent me my Helios 20 & 30 units. He knows what is a top UL spinner is and wanted me to experience his units as he saw my reviews of the 40 unit.

Upvote 0

Scuba Chris

• May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    Your writing style appears to be influenced by Madison Avenue.

Many of your reviews/reports seem to revolve around Okuma products.

Why not include pricing along with the specs? It might help others who are on the fence regarding the purchase of Okuma products and would be nice to be able to look at the prices of equipment when revisiting threads like this in the future.

Are Okumas' products competitively priced, compared to other manufacturers products for sale, where you reside?

That was very nice of Sportsmans Innovations to gift you that line winder. How much do they usually cost?

I try not to mention prices too much. Okuma is fairly priced. The company owns multiple milling factories & produces their own products. They even mill reels of their competitors. Some admins frown on citing prices so i try to do it when asked. Even when i work trade shows the ones in charge comment on how affordable Okuma products are.

Brandon Rodgers of Sportsman Innovations gifted me their spooler that spools spinners from UL to 14K (but can handle larger). Mine is the new Surf Unit that handles spinners, bait casters (gotta hand feed but braces the spool) & same process for conventionals. Comes with an adapter so when i travel afar i'll just need a cigarette plug.

Upvote 0

Latest posts