Helan H.

vincent bizal

Apr 22, 2015
Name
vincent bizal
Boat
none
Has anyone ever fished with them? If so how was it? I'm looking at a tuna trip with them. Any information would be great! Thanks.

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Has anyone ever fished with them? If so how was it? I'm looking at a tuna trip with them. Any information would be great! Thanks.

Helen H Is GREAT. I never did a tuna trip with them but did some George's cod trips back in the day.

Hands down the best party boat in the area.

We used to see them all the time when we were out on the edge tuna fishing as well.

vincent bizal

Apr 22, 2015
Name
vincent bizal
Boat
none
Thanks! I'm traveling from Minnesota so with the weather and everything it makes it tough. My trip could get cancelled, but that's the chance you take. Would you go in September or October?

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Thanks! I'm traveling from Minnesota so with the weather and everything it makes it tough. My trip could get cancelled, but that's the chance you take. Would you go in September or October?
I would go in September. Better weather and by then the chunking bite has usually turned on.

If I could pick a date I always loved 2 days before the full moon.

vincent bizal

Apr 22, 2015
Name
vincent bizal
Boat
none
Thanks! Wondering if anybody throws poppers with spinning gear on those trips?

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Thanks! Wondering if anybody throws poppers with spinning gear on those trips?
Never seen it. It's very different than fishing in the gulf or cape cod.

This is canyon fishing. You rarely see the fish on top, rather you'll likely troll or tile fish during the day.

At night you'll anchor up or drift in an area that has fish and then start a chunk line to hold the fish to the boat. I would say the majority of my chunk/jig fish always came from baits down 75' to 150'. The thermocline is fairly deep.