mrfish11

"Just a captain"
  • Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    Need my heater and A/C unit looked at. Anyone have any recommendations in the olympia area? Thanks.

Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    I've been pleased with Chehalis Sheet Metal (Tumwater) and also with Capitol Heating and Cooling.

Reactions: mrfish11
    Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    Funny you mention this, actually.

I arrived home last Tuesday, just-after 4 PM. (June 29th, the day after the hottest day on record, ever) to find my heat pump was not cooling. Fan was running, compressor was not.

A call to Capitol Heating, and it was estimated my hold/wait time would exceed 15 minutes, but I could send a text. They came back via text that July 12th was the soonest they could schedule.

To YouTube I went. By 4:15 I’d diagnosed the culprit, a capacitor/condenser. An electrician buddy of mine referred me to a place within two miles of my house. Pulled-up to see the sign on the door that they only sell to contractors, but they referred me to Chehalis Sheetmetal, who has a retail parts store in Tumwater. I arrived at CSM at 4:50. They didn’t have the part in stock, but they had a special order that hadn’t been picked up, so they sold it to me and ordered another for the first customer. $27. By 5:30 I had cool air in the house again.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
    Aug 10, 2008
    Lacey WA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS

Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
    Aug 10, 2008
    Lacey WA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
    Funny you mention this, actually.

I arrived home last Tuesday, just-after 4 PM. (June 29th, the day after the hottest day on record, ever) to mind my heat pump was not cooling. Fan was running, compressor was not.

A call to Capitol Heating, and it was estimated my hold/wait time would exceed 15 minutes, but I could send a text. They came back via text that July 12th was the soonest they could schedule.

To YouTube I went. By 4:15 I’d diagnosed the culprit, a capacitor/condenser. An electrician buddy of mine referred me to a place within two miles of my house. Pulled-up to see the sign on the door that they only sell to contractors, but they referred me to Chehalis Sheetmetal, who has a retail parts store in Tumwater. I arrived at CSM at 4:50. They didn’t have the part in stock, but they had a special order that hadn’t been picked up, so they sold it to me and ordered another for the first customer. $27. By 5:30 I had cool air in the house again.
    I had similar issue, My fan wouldnt spin, but was getting power & humming. I could manually spin the fan and it would stay running/spinning. But then not restart on its next cycle. I went to youtube, watched videos on trouble shooting and broke out the multi meter.. Same thing..... Ended up being a $30 capacitor.
    Thats why i mentioned Youtube. A lot of time the problem is a common one and an easy fix if you know how/where to look.

Ive fixed my fridge 2x, dryer 2x and now the A/C. all from youtube videos

Last edited:
    Upvote 0