Heads Up San Diego Theives

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Larmo, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastdue

pastdue Member

Name:
    Don Cale
    Boat:
    18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
    Drop them in Hawaii's volcano should calm that volcano down just needs a good sacrifice I think they could do it

2. karlk1125

karlk1125 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Karl Kobler
    Boat:
    Looking for a World Cat 320 EC
    Yup ICE them the fuck up! Awesome to hear you got all your stuff back. Very curious to see how this case settles.

3. Baller

Baller Jig Chucker

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    American Angler
    I love a story that has a happy ending.

4. Dante DeMarco

Dante DeMarco Papagayo

Name:
    Papagayo
    Boat:
    Skipjack Flybridge 24 Diesel
    The rest of the stuff is in their storage locker. Let em try and pick the lock in prison.

5. Capt.C.Delany

Capt.C.Delany Club a Sea Lion, not a Sandwich.

Name:
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat:
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    Great to hear you are getting your stuff back. Those SDTT guys are a good bunch of dudes.

I would imagine a YouTube search would show how to pick the lock, unfortunately as is often said, locks only keep honest people out.

I have zero tolerance for thieves. As far as I am concerned they should sit in jail then be deported. I don't care what their BS excuse was, even if it was "to feed my kids," if that was truly the case they would garner more "understanding" by stealing a loaf of bread and sandwich meat, not thousands of dollars of fishing tackle.

The other unfortunate thing is yes they may get some jail time as it sounds like you are handing the DA the case on a silver platter but I would imagine they will get 30 days, out in 15 with 3 years of probation, unless of course the Judge is a fisherman and rejects the plea agreement I am sure they will be offered.

To bad it would be futile to pursue a civil action, though I don't know what damages would be. Either way they have nothing, unless you of course want a rosary to wear as a necklace, in that case you are in luck. I am sitting here thinking to myself... wow he seems much more trustworthy, a very honest Christian/Catholic fellow now because of the cross. Scumbag.

The other irony is that they thought that it wouldn't raise suspicion that the amount of tackle leaning against that car was probably valued more than the car itself.

6. mullet

mullet Metal Fabricator

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    19"Gregor
    The state isn't broke they just recently found a 10 BILLION , yes billion dollar surplus in the general fund .Moonbeam wants to save it for a rainy day so he says .I think he just hasn't figured out the best way to squander it yet .

7. MAG0121

MAG0121 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Marco Gonzalez
    Boat:
    Nah
    A week ago I caught this meth head pulling on multiple door handles of my employees’ cars, and a couple of days prior one had sunglasses and cash stolen out of it. Cops came and got the thief, but he was released same day as we didn’t witness him actually steal anything.

Gotta take these guys to the woodshed when given the chance. Good luck making them feel the pain, Larry.

81253C1B-4C45-4F64-89ED-727261D2C710.jpeg

Jr., Kyle Wallace, jer dog and 2 others like this.
  8. finsane

finsane I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Dennis
    Boat:
    None
    I love a happy ending as much as anyone else, but that first guy, I know him.
    e40e989d5aa7705123645bd78f312e60.jpg

Capt.C.Delany likes this.
  9. Capt.C.Delany

Name:
    Boat:
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    And maybe they will trip and fall down the stairs a few times along the way.

Funny stand up clip about people taking action. (swap out "southwest" with "BD Members")

Rick's Lucky13 likes this.
  10. C-4 Fishing

C-4 Fishing Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Kayak
    Forget Bubba
    I wish they would meet Lucille

bman440440 likes this.
  11. Killerskiff

Killerskiff The end is near

Name:
    JD
    Boat:
    Obliviousone
    Our judicial system is broken and law enforcement aint was it used to be. Pretty sad when the private sector has to do the investigation and as a lawyer you know they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That is one hundred years later and the best liar usually wins. Now days you can have multiple witnesses, including law enforcement, pictures with videos of mass murders and homicides yet there will always be some bullshit defence that will be heard. The U.S judicial system is total a joke however; it is a great business that make many very wealthy.

Bad guys stage incidents to set up law enforcement for big lawsuits, so now days law enforcement just kind of looks the other way and I can't blame them. When I grew up as a kid we respected the police as they played a significant role in the community, too bad that's a thing of the past.

jer dog and dorado50 like this.
  12. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....

BB Kings guitar :confused:

Cheapfish and 2454 big mike like this.
  13. Paddyman1

Paddyman1 I love pangas

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
    No shit. Kind of like the banger who has the Mother Mary attached to his dashboard. Love the "deer in the headlights" look.

Yellowtail Dan likes this.
  14. Paddyman1

Paddyman1 I love pangas

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
    No holding back, Larry. Show them what law is all about. Glad to hear you got some of your prized possessions back. Kudos to boys at SDTT.

15. jim isbell

jim isbell I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    I hear a lot of comment about the "system" being broken, but it seems to me, if you have any system that can take, say 500 cases in a certain amount of time BUT you get 5,000 crimes, THAT is the problem. I don't know if the system is over run or not, but I hear it is. Police can't make society decent, it takes good families to produce good kids who grow up and don't do shit like this. My 2 cents.

16. Billy L

Billy L USCG licensed Captain

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    25’, 22’, 15’ Whalers
    How about we all get screen shots of these 2 high quality individuals and hopefully we spot them in our lifetime.
    Was a case opened with the PD or sheriff?

17. bobsled

bobsled Consumer

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    N/A
    Not only that, but it was recently reported CA got 60.2M for the first 1/4 of 2018 in Marijuana sales tax. That's 240M for doing nothing.

18. mhanson59hb

mhanson59hb Fear No Fish

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    I hate meth head freaks. They would have sold your nice gear for a dime bag of rat poison.
    :mad:

Glad you are getting your stuff back! 99 out of 100 times you'd never see your prized gear again.

19. jim isbell

jim isbell I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    I know we are talking about thieves--and somebody said they probably won't do anything. Well, let me tell you, a few years back, my son in law had his head caved in (attacked from behind) with a golf club, surgery saved his life and left him weak on that part of his head. No more sports and shit. My brother told me, even though there were two witnesses that were not related to anyone involved "you won't like this, but I am going to tell you what they are going to do: nothing." And that's what they did, nothing. And most of the time--not all, but most of the time, they do nothing. But that is why this story is a good one--because bottom line, they PREVENTED the guys from getting (or should say keeping) the tackle. He got his stuff back, and got us all talking about mean ass locks and stuff--and cameras and all the good stuff WE can do. The only thing you better not do is ever take the law into your own hands--do that, and man, they'll FIND money-and time, to go after you cause you doing their job, even if they can't, or won't, pisses them off enough to actually DO something. I started to build a hand breaking machine once--and bait it (inside my locked car) and someone waived me off, telling me it would be ME in jail if I did that. I guess all we can do is work on preventing, or catching them.

20. Capt.C.Delany

Name:
    Boat:
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    It's like those cases where a burglar slips and falls or gets stuck and sues the homeowner. I just googled that and saw a bunch of cases. I mean in all seriousness it makes me sick. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

My favorite one was a guy up north who shot a 90 year old home owner in the jaw/cheek first, the 90 year old home owner returned fire and shot the guy 3 times and the guy lived. The scumbag sued the homeowner.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.