heads up on some yellow tail schools....

fishmanbh

Fishing Charters Of San Diego
Jun 30, 2006
San Diego and Los Angeles
www.fishingchartersofsandiego.com
Name
Brian
Boat
36’ Hatteras, 27’ Pro Line
i had a couple of mako trip in san diego this week. it was good, 7 for 9, and 7 for 7. both days i saw schools of yellows that no one was fishing... from pt loma to LJ around 250-300 feet. big schools swimming around with no one around... im not saying there everywhere but someone may want to take a look.... good luck.

Upvote 0

tplass

Almost A Member
Aug 2, 2012
HB
Name
Tom
Boat
Yak
Good looking out!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Every now and then youll come across YT puddling around in open water.A couple pieces of bait tossed out and hold on,wide the mofo open...guaranteed.:)

Upvote 0

aquasport18

aquasport18
Jul 30, 2012
san diego ca 92117
Name
the brusier
Boat
21 ft stealh vip cc.
3 summers ago in 40 ft of water on a glassy hot day 1 pm in front of wind n sea , I was deep in the kelp , came to a culdesack , thats what i call em , open area in kelp . Saw what i thought was big mackeys just laying still on the surface. like getten a suntan or something . It was a small school of yellows , at least 100 . cast my plastic past em . the whole school just erupted and disapeared in the kelp . never ever seen that shit b 4 , and i been fishing long time. I swear i wasnt smoking kelp or drinking . weirdest thing ever saw. LUV AND FISHES B

Upvote 0

desertbonito

Jul 15, 2009
Redlands, CA
Name
Allen
Boat
Triumph 170CC
What GoGo4 said. The boat surgeon is getting his Range Rover payment outta me.

Upvote 0