Senior Fossil
Dec 16, 2003
Bay Park
www.jackinnis.com
Name
Jack
Boat
Not My Ride
Friendly heads up: Give these ships a wide berth, they tend to turn for no apparent reason. Some of them tow crap on long cables. Channel 16 is your friend.

Navy Gearing Up for World’s Largest Exercise Off Southern California

Twenty-six nations, 45 ships, five submarines, more than 200 aircraft, and 25,000 personnel will participate in the biennial Rim of the Pacific exercise beginning next week in the Pacific.
RIMPAC, the world’s largest international maritime exercise, is scheduled for June 30 through Aug. 4 around the Hawaiian Islands and off Southern California.
The exercise will include amphibious operations in Southern California, and feature a Harpoon missile shoot from the USS Coronado on its maiden deployment.
More: http://timesofsandiego.com/military...lds-largest-exercise-off-southern-California/

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Thanks for the heads up. Like its not going to be crowded enough out there this weekend. Seems a little strange that with this excercise, SCI is open for fishing all weekend according to the website so far. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Upvote 0

spize909

Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
I fished with a Navy guy yesterday that was talking about this.....big operation going to be happening.

Upvote 0

seabash

Jul 14, 2015
Orange County
Name
matias
Boat
san diego
Been out there a few times the last couple of weeks and you could se them prepping for this. Lots of choppers, carriers, smaller navy vessels and some crazy amphibious vessels.

Reactions: tanner.s
Upvote 0

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
He said 8/4 thats August, This is July. Well thats what he said.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Saw at least 5 Navy boats out last week along with a couple choppers. Saw some huge oil slicks too, not sure who is to blame for that but we called 'em in to the CG and they hadn't seen them yet.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

fv1500

Fishn' Frank
Jul 6, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Frank
Boat
n/a
Thanks. I was wondering why there were several Aircraft US carriers and 2 Chinese medical ships docked in Pearl Harbor when we were on O' Ahu last week.

Upvote 0

Jr.

Winning!
Feb 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Hatteras
I heard they are bringing their submarine!
ecuador_cocaine_submarine.jpg

Upvote 0