Heads up-Cannon Downriggers discontinued circuit boards pre 2011 Mags

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Heads up if you have pre 2011 Cannon Mag 10, 15 and 20HS Downriggers. They called today and said they will no longer support these models. We tried to order all the circuit boards they have left. They only had one. They let is go down to the wire before announcing it.

Rumor has it that FISH307 has acquired the electrical schematics and MAY, and that is a big MAY, reproduce them.

So if you are one of those folks who like to change out their own boards when they take a crap, hunt no and hunt fast to see if you can find any anywhere.

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
The newer style Cannon’s (few years old now) are practically bullet-proof with little need for servicing. If you have a pre-2011 it’s only a matter of time before the casing splits on you (if you havnt addressed this). My two cents.

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
That sounds even worse. At least when the casing seperated I was able to grab my rod and hug/hold the downrigger as pops manually retrieved the weight.

Upvote 0

bertman

Almost A Member
Aug 25, 2010
Centralia/WA/US
Name
bert grylls
Boat
23' NR Seahawk
Unfortunately mine are ‘08 or ‘09 10s. There was an older guy that worked one them in Auburn, but I lost his info and can’t find him on web (like I did before). Anyone know who works on them in WWA Area????

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Unfortunately mine are ‘08 or ‘09 10s. There was an older guy that worked one them in Auburn, but I lost his info and can’t find him on web (like I did before). Anyone know who works on them in WWA Area????

Russ at Harbor Marine is the authorized Canon Minkota service center.

Upvote 0

NWfishaman

May 11, 2012
Bonney Lake
Name
Jim
Boat
24' NR-OS

If I understand/remember correctly that gentleman was fighting cancer, I think his daughter was trying to help him along for awhile. Really nice folks.

Reactions: sisukas
Upvote 0

bertman

Almost A Member
Aug 25, 2010
Centralia/WA/US
Name
bert grylls
Boat
23' NR Seahawk
Well called them and was told based on my detail about when my cannon 10 HS stopped working, tech said “just need to buy another DR” called cannon waited on phone forever and was told tough, don’t make them anymore. Checked “Fish307” no dice, fuck cannon!!! Just my 2 cents that may not be worth 2 pennies. Anybody have a circuit board laying around????

Upvote 0